Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September order question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I’m looking at a Model 3 SR in white and have a test drive booked for 20th September in Manchester. Depending on how that goes would be looking to order then or within a few days. I am not looking to add anything to the vehicle, based on people’s experience would this be a good time to order. I’ve read that that at certain times of the year the delivery times are longer?

thanks

Hi

I’m looking at a Model 3 SR in white and have a test drive booked for 20th September in Manchester. Depending on how that goes would be looking to order then or within a few days. I am not looking to add anything to the vehicle, based on people’s experience would this be a good time to order. I’ve read that that at certain times of the year the delivery times are longer?

thanks
There are lots of cars on their way to the UK currently. Deliveries ramp up towards the end of the quarter and this q will be a busy one.

Model 3's aren't built to order, a range are produced and then matched to orders as they leave San Francisco. Any unmatched cars are available from Tesla's inventory page. These are brand new.

Given the amount of cars coming in September you could place an order and get matched the same day for delivery prior to the end of the month. If there aren't any that match your requirements then it would likely be end of November or December before a new model will be shipped from San Francisco to the UK.

When you do place your order, don't forget to use someone's referral code for 1000 free supercharging miles.

I’m also based in Manchester!
I ordered my Model X when there was no inventory stock.
Ordered June 2020 and taking delivery end of September.
Imo now is a good time to order as in right now. Not sure at the end of September. Lots of Model 3s coming in to the UK. Check the Inventory stock on Tesla UK.
If you miss this quarter and the inventory stock then you will be looking at end of December. Then March 2021 as said they ship to the UK in batches every 3 months.