Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service center Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendation on the preferred service center in The Bay Area? I see a similar thread on this topic from 2018, and I wanted to hear recent experiences from people. I’m currently booked to have some issues resolved with my new vehicle at Fremont SC, but can go anywhere so would be curious to hear from others.

All I know is that Tesla owners in the Dubin area have told me about their horror stories about the Dublin Service Center, so I'l staying away from them. Like SpeedBird, I would appreciate any input on better service centers in the Bay Area.

any suggestions on recommended service centers in the Bay Area will be greatly appreciated. I keep changing my scheduled appointment at Fremont with fear that the car may come back in a worse state than it went in. I have a misaligned trunk; scratches here and there that need to be buffed; ripple in the rear seat; charge port sticking out, and few paint dings.

Here's my 2 local Bay Area service center experiences - net - there's now 2 less for me to choose from [my decision]

1) MCU Upgrade from V1 to V2 in San Francisco: Service tech mangled screen install, left wires dangling inside the car and asked me to sign off, and damaged the wood fascia to the extent that Tesla needed to replace all of it [at Tesla's expense]

2) Tire puncture/replacement Burlingame: We had a puncture which required roadside service to come and provide a loaner wheel/tire while the punctured tire/wheel were taken to Burlingame , tire could not be repaired so we needed to replace both tires [had to do this at Tesla Service center since they had provided the roadside service - would not have in usual tire replacement circumstances , ever ]

The service tech took 90 minutes and installed literally two entirely different tires [different models and spec], and was incredulous why I would not sign off. It then took them another 3 hours to install identical tires.

From what I hear, vast majority of the service centers, at least in the Bay Area are crap. I might just cancel my pending appointments and learn to live with the cosmetic issues I have. I don't have the patience to deal with ongoing arguments with the service rep with repairs potentially going bad.

Reactions: Evee and t3sl4drvr
I've been told by a couple of high end/high volume Fremont detailers and body shops that the Fremont Service center is particularly bad also, both from their experience and that anecdotally of their customers. This of course is very disappointing given its proximity to the Factory [if one was to assume proximity might yield better experiences ].
-What has to happen to bring about some improvements ???

Very bad experience with Sunnyvale service center. Took 7 days, but not able to fix a rear seat rattling noise issue. They only spend ~1h checking the vehicle on the last day. Claimed they fixed the issue, but not in reality.

Very bad experience with Sunnyvale service center. Took 7 days, but not able to fix a rear seat rattling noise issue. They only spend ~1h checking the vehicle on the last day. Claimed they fixed the issue, but not in reality.
Thanks for the info. I too hear bad reviews coming out of Sunnyvale. I have finally convinced myself to get my issues looked at Fremont SC in the next few weeks. Hope it goes well!

Reactions: t3sl4drvr
I've had good experiences at Sunnyvale, and the absolute worst at Fremont. Santa Clara's somewhere in-between but I can recommend them.
Well my car is currently at the Fremont SC and I having an absolute horrid time dealing with them. Had a list items that I brought to their attention and they dismissed almost all of them on the spot. Seat wrinkles are normal; window rubber seals falling off are within spec; panel gaps are within spec; charge port door not flush - is within spec. Anything they cannot fix, is within spec. They promised to have the car ready that same day, and four days later still no update. All messages are ignored and of course you cannot directly call them. I have no idea what is happening to my car right now!

Well as it turns out, the Fremont SC have really let me down. First of all, they damaged a passenger b-billar when investigating a rattle, and tried to dismiss it as saying it is only cosmetic. I would not let this go, and they agreed to make a fix and for me to book another appointment.

I also had wheel alignment done as the steering would shift to the right, and the service advisor did confirm that the car was off center and needed that alignment. Upon driving home from the SC, I noticed that the car was now shaking at moderate speeds (did not have this before the wheel alignment ), and the steering was now veering to the left. The ride also felt very rough and bumpy. I inquired with the SC, and they are now billing me $150 as diagnose fee. I am upset that I am charged a fee, when clearly this new issue only came about after the wheel alignment was done. Do I have any options here?