Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service centers no longer issuing Uber credits, loaners only if service expected to take longer than 48 hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And that's followed by the statement that loaners are in short supply, so basically don't expect one. My vehicle is still under Tesla warranty, I was told that no longer matters.

Additionally, we can no longer add items within 72 hours of our service appointment. They will be automatically removed, even if related to a concern that prompted the original appointment.

I am shocked at the text conversation that I have been having with my service center the last few days. They really couldn't care less about customer service. Common sense in nowhere to be found. I would be embarrassed to have to enforce these Tesla policies if I was them.

I absolutely hate Tesla and their service policies. But I do love their products.

Something has to be done about service though!

Last edited:
Reactions: heapmaster
My vehicle was scheduled to only be there overnight and they told me no credits. After it was there 3 days they offered me uber credits to come pick it up. When I went to use them, the credits had been cancelled.

I don't know what the official policy is, and I don't think the service employees do either. Service is horrible compared to MB, maybe it's in line with the rest of the industry.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
I was able to get Uber Credits October 29th. Car was only in the shop for 4 hours. I didn't get the usual automatic credits link once I made it to the parking lot. I just went inside and asked for them and they did some magic on the computer and I got the uber credits in the app.

And icing on the cake is that the uber driver was driving a model 3!

F0CD09BB-1CA9-4E7C-9998-58E77149E396.png

The solution is simple. Sell your Tesla at the nearest convenient opportunity and purchase a car from a brand with build and service quality commensurate to the cost of the vehicle. Tesla isn't the only game in town anymore and the brand is damaged goods at this point. Maybe fanboys will continue to purchase blindly, but the educated consumer will stay away. I know my first Tesla will be my last one. I will not purchase future Musk products. Can you imagine trusting these folks to insert materials into your brain?

I STILL have the rattle my car was delivered with years ago. Service centers always tell me they can't replicate it, and if they can, they can't find it. Meanwhile I hear exactly where it's coming from the minute I drive the car after getting it back from the service center....

They do provide loaner vehicles but they're typically already taken. My car is currently in the service center and they gave me Uber credits. I've attached some screenshots of what that looks like. They gave me $100 daily for 3 days.

Attachments

• IMG_8920.png
    IMG_8920.png
    289.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8921.png
    IMG_8921.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8922.jpg
    IMG_8922.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 52
Yesterday I took in a model Y for a windshield replacement on service scheduled for 2 p.m. I went with my wife and told them we planned to wait in their waiting room, expecting it would be finished that afternoon. We were told to expect it to be finished between 4 and 5, and were offered Uber credit to use during the afternoon, which we declined.

About 4:45 the rep advised us they needed more time than was left by the 5:00 p.m. quitting time, and would we accept a loaner? We took the loaner which worked out smoothly. It even had a FSDb-capable software installed, and after initial hesitancy I activated it for the 20-mile return drive this morning. My trip home had taught me how much better I like driving by supervising FSDb than doing it all alone.

So this is just one service location, and just one experience, but both Uber and loaner were part of the picture for me.