Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SF bay check for VIN. Just got mine.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I'm trading in a Model 3. I hope their smart enough to put two and two together and realize I won't be wanting a Model 3.

According to the spreadsheet, there have been 20 MY with white interior assigned VINs so far. Of those 20, only one has 20" wheels. While it's true that they do exist, it's clear that Tesla is not making many with that configuration.
I'm assuming they are calling down a list of Model Y reservation holders and seeing if they can get them to switch. Probably didn't think too hard about the fact that you probably don't want to trade a 3 for a 3.

As for the white interiors being made, that's true but from what I can tell, they seem to be coming out in batches so I'm assuming there is a batch of white interiors waiting to be made. All the seats except for the backs of the rear seats are the same as the Model 3 according to the Munro teardown so, personally, I don't see how white seats would be a 3 month hold up. Then again, I'm not at the factory either. Every Tesla rep I talk to gives a different answer to these sorts of questions (not an exaggeration) so I've come to the conclusion that very few Tesla employees have a realistic idea of what the plan is.

I've come to the conclusion that very few Tesla employees have a realistic idea of what the plan is.

FACT.

I called them and they didn't ask to see if I wanted to change my order. They just wanted to make sure I have all my trade-in documents in order and that I've "accepted" their offer. I might be interested in going with the 19" wheels if that was faster and then upgrade to T-Sportline wheels, but I didn't ask because of your point listed above.

I got everything squared away today after a few technical difficulties. I was able to make a delivery appointment for May 30th at the Fremont factory. I was only given the option of Friday and Saturday delivery days. I'm a little upset the days were so limited but ill take what I can get.

Right after, my account changed over to allow me to go through the insurance process. And I must say, the insurance cost is very impressive, cheaper than my current vehicle. I then got a text this afternoon to confirm Tesla lending and not doing a trade-in. Now I guess all that's left is to do the ACH payment and prepare for delivery! So far so good, I plan on printing out the running list of problems on other threads to make sure things are as they should be.

Midnight Silver, Long Range AWD, Black Interior, 19'' Gemini, 5 seat, No FSD (For now) Order date April 19th, 2020

Reactions: montreid
Had Tesla financing just expire today. No updates since I was told to apply for the loan (without a VIN) right before shutdown. Anyone else in the same boat? Getting antsy here!

White/Black/19"/LRAWD/FSD
I am in the same boat here. I emailed Tesla Financing during shutdown , they replied once I have a VIN and delivery date, email them again to ask for a refresh on loan applications. this way it is a soft pull instead of hard pull on the credit report.

I am in the same boat here. I emailed Tesla Financing during shutdown , they replied once I have a VIN and delivery date, email them again to ask for a refresh on loan applications. this way it is a soft pull instead of hard pull on the credit report.
I just applied for Tesla Financing thinking they were lower than my CU, got an offer @3.25 apr so, they raised the rate up from 2.99..

Yes I really don't like the geminis so I just bought the black 20" T Sportline wheel with tires for $2340. I see it as $300 for a set of geminis with all weather tires. I'll probably paint them black too.

That's a really smart move, you could certainly sell those geminis with pristine tires for more than $300 if you wanted to also. Having 2 sets of wheels for an extra $300 over the initial amount you were going to spend anyway is an absolutely amazing deal.

Yes I really don't like the geminis so I just bought the black 20" T Sportline wheel with tires for $2340. I see it as $300 for a set of geminis with all weather tires. I'll probably paint them black too.
Doing exactly the same. Actually after seeing the Gemini wheels they don't look that bad. I haven't seen the induction wheels (only pictures) but did not like them that much.