Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shaky model Y steering wheel in high way!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove a model Y performance, and while I was in highway, as soon as the speed went above 115 km per hour, the steering wheel start shaking. I asked sales person and she said it is because you were driving in sport mood! I didn't get it! is this suppose to be normal?

I watched this road trip video last night and they experienced shaking on the highway. The Tesla SC said that one tire was defective. There is foam padding in Tesla tires and theirs was loose, which caused the shaking. Maybe that's the issue?

I test drove a model Y performance, and while I was in highway, as soon as the speed went above 115 km per hour, the steering wheel start shaking. I asked sales person and she said it is because you were driving in sport mood! I didn't get it! is this suppose to be normal?
Are you saying a Tesla sales person told you that? Go back and slap her silly :) She needs better training to tell people why this occurs. Not normal and not due to sport mode.

Are you saying a Tesla sales person told you that? Go back and slap her silly :) She needs better training to tell people why this occurs. Not normal and not due to sport mode.
It was our first impression too :)

We are going to book another test drive. We loved this tesla car. It was like a space ship to us. We do currently have an bwm x1 and thinking to get an electric car. We will drive a polestar 2 next week.

Cheers