Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shall I keep the maintenance package?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased the 4 year maintenance package when the model x was bought on 2016, and two annual maintenance has been done since. Now it's approaching the third one. I'm wondering I should just get the money back or use the remaining two. I might like to keep the car for a while and even consider getting extended warranty. Thanks for your suggestion.

I purchased the 4 year maintenance package when the model x was bought on 2016, and two annual maintenance has been done since. Now it's approaching the third one. I'm wondering I should just get the money back or use the remaining two. I might like to keep the car for a while and even consider getting extended warranty. Thanks for your suggestion.

Current recommended third-year service includes:

1) HEPA every 3 years. This is an extra charge in addition to what you pre-paid for 4 years.
2) Tire rotation (The X cannot do cross rotation, only side to side due to front/rear size difference)

That doesn't sound much. If you don't know how to check your tire treads or alignment, maybe you should keep the maintenance package.

If you are do-it-yourself type, I would ask for a refund.

In my experience, there are often items found in need of replacement during the Annual Service or done proactively. Without the car having a full "once over" each year, they might not be noticed. This would be especially important if your warranty were close to expiring. If I didn't keep the service package I would probably put those funds towards the Extended Warranty.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
What is the approximate cost for model x annual service and what is included/checked/replaced?
There is no annual maintenance any more. They used to have a schedule that you could pay ahead for, but Tesla found they were throwing away perfectly good brake fluid and battery coolant, so they quit offering the prepaid maintenance. IIRC, it was around $2k-$3k for four years. But that was back in 2015. I never signed up for it. There are some articles up on Teslarati, from back in 2014-2016 time frame.