Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sharing Map Destination to Tesla App Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to send addresses regularly. Just last week, the option to send to Tesla app disappeared. It's not on the list to share to. I click the [...] more button, but Tesla app is not there. Any suggestions??

Sharing with the Tesla app is available on my phone.

On Edit:
The sharing option UI with a list of presented apps is phone dependent. It's possible that you had an update on your phone and the app sharing list has been revised somehow.

Last edited:
For Google Maps on Android, after you have entered the destination, and it gives you the options of, "Directions", scroll over to Share, and then scroll through the application listed across the bottom to Tesla. It then sends the destination to Tesla.

If you have already pressed Directions, and the navigation route is displayed, tap the three dots in the upper right corner, select, Share Directions, and then select the Tesla App.

Reactions: jlv1
I am located in Europe, Czech Republic. I fixed this issue by changing the android phone language. Settings / General management / Language / English (United States).
After this change address sharing to Tesla works just fine. Language of Google Maps is not important. Phone language matters.

Stumbled upon this old thread while having the same problem. Seems like it'll never get fixed because we have no way of report app bugs?
It's either the Tesla app's language or the phone's system language.
I checked if I could changed just the Tesla app's language (a feature of Android 13) but the app doesn't support this.

I'm on Greek language btw

Stumbled upon this old thread while having the same problem. Seems like it'll never get fixed because we have no way of report app bugs?
I checked if I could changed just the Tesla app's language (a feature of Android 13) but the app doesn't support this.

Do you only share the destination with the Tesla app or do you share the calculated route with the Tesla app?

I had not tried the calculated route, I just did and it's the same.
The app I use to do the sharing doesn't seem to matter either, nothing works.

The reason I asked was that some owners in the past have tried to share the calculated route with the Tesla app, which is the wrong way. You only need to search for the destination location and share that with your Tesla app. I use Google maps to search the destination location and then share it with the Tesla app. I do get a confirmation that sharing was done. It has always been working for me.

Have you enabled mobile access from your car touchscreen via Controls, Safety, Mobile Access?

Last edited:

Here's how I share location (not route). Go to Google Maps and search for destination. Once found, scroll down and find a row of buttons. Scroll to the right to reveal the share button. Click it then click Tesla.
Screenshot_20231003_063618_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231003_063534_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20231003_063242_Tesla.jpg

It didn't work for me at first either.... until I set my Google Maps account email the same as my Tesla account email. I manage a few google accounts from my phone.

If you have more than one account in google maps on your phone, try changing it and then resharing the location. After that it didn't matter what account I used on Google Maps. Hope that helps.

Reactions: zoomer0056
It didn't work for me at first either.... until I set my Google Maps account email the same as my Tesla account email. I manage a few google accounts from my phone.

If you have more than one account in google maps on your phone, try changing it and then resharing the location. After that it didn't matter what account I used on Google Maps. Hope that helps.

Hmm, I must admit, I find it difficult to believe that the Google account user ID must match the Tesla account user ID. However, I am certain that you were able to resolve the issue through another means.

Mine are different, but sharing works. It must be more subtle than that.

• Informative
Reactions: hgmichna
Here's how I share location (not route). Go to Google Maps and search for destination. Once found, scroll down and find a row of buttons. Scroll to the right to reveal the share button. Click it then click Tesla.
View attachment 979217

Thanks for the reply, this is what I've been doing too. Instead I'm getting an error, but only when the Tesla app runs on Greek.
The problem is, I can't change the app's language unless I change the whole phone's language.
Screenshot_20231015_152035_Tesla.jpg

Reviving this oldie but goodie because I didn't see the solution I found anywhere. I had never used this feature before despite owning Tesla's for years. Recently we started planning a European road trip so I tried to use it but it kept failing. After several attempts I finally realized....duh, VPN is on. I turned VPN off and it worked immediately. For me on iOS, if I'm having any kind of weird issue, turning off my VPN usually fixes it immediately. Especially when the issues involve the Tesla app (like when my phone can't connect with the car)...

If anyone has any 2023/2024 Tesla road trip / range anxiety tips...feel free to share them here!! Thanks all.

Reactions: DerbyDave