Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shift gears while rolling no longer working on 10.3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received 10.3 on Sunday and 10.3.1 today. I noticed while on 10.3 that I am no longer able to shift from drive to reverse (or vice versa) while the car is slowly moving. I used to be able to do this before receiving 10.3. For example, I use it when doing a 3-point turn/k-turn. Now it ONLY shifts when the car is completely stopped. Note that this is NOT when autopilot is enabled.

Anyone else experience the same? Is this a known limitation once you have FSD Beta?

I received 10.3 on Sunday and 10.3.1 today. I noticed while on 10.3 that I am no longer able to shift from drive to reverse (or vice versa) while the car is slowly moving. I used to be able to do this before receiving 10.3. For example, I use it when doing a 3-point turn/k-turn. Now it ONLY shifts when the car is completely stopped. Note that this is NOT when autopilot is enabled.

Anyone else experience the same? Is this a known limitation once you have FSD Beta?
It doesn't enforce the brake press all the time in my experience. Most of the time it's fine. I've done plenty of 3 point turns without needing to brake. Only times I remember the car making me brake first is when I was trying to reverse into a parking spot.

Agree it's annoying though. I want my manual transmission behavior back :D

Reactions: TresLA
I noticed the same thing, I usually shift at a slight roll while backing into my driveway and ever since FSD Beta I haven't been able to do that. This was 10.2, 10.3, and 10.3.1.

When I got rolled back to prod I did gain that behavior back for one day. I did find that odd.

This was the case in 10.2 as well. If you activated city streets fsd at any point during your drive, shifting into reverse requires the brake. I’m not sure about super slow speed though. I was going pretty slow already, and it didn’t shift.