Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shipping times / delays from Tesla store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure what's a usual time frame for orders to arrive from Tesla online store, but I ordered one of the NEMA Gen2 adapters on 08/11. It's been almost 10 days now and there is no update on their website. It has a tracking number but on the FedEx website the only information they have is that the label was created on the day of my order. Nothing since.

These days even if the product is coming from another corner of the world by a small manufacturer, I would expect an item to be shipped by now. Let alone from a multi billion dollar giant. Also it's an adapter which is in stock (according to their website). So I am not sure why it's taking so long.

What are your experiences? Should I expect another 1-2 weeks or 1-2 months?

I ordered the NEMA adapter bundle on 7/7 and it shipped on 7/7.
I ordered a mobile connector and mounting kit on 7/13 and they shipped on 7/16.
I ordered mud flaps and rear storage bins on 7/17 and they shipped on 7/28.

In short, it’s been all over the place but trending worse as time goes on.

Yes it seems all over the place.

I looked at the shipping info today, it seems that they shipped it out yesterday on 08/20. So hopefully it should be delivered either today or by Monday. I find it quite unorganized, that some people are getting their deliveries within 1-3 days and on the spectrum some have to wait for 10-12 days.

It's good that I charge my car at work with no cost, therefore I don't rely on the home charging as my primary option. So the delay in delivery of adapter/cord isn't that big of a deal.
I assume most of the drivers rely on home charging as their primary option and if Tesla is not delivering these cables/adapters within days, I'd imagine a whole sort of other problems one may have.

Generally they create the shipping label and it sits there for 3-4 days. If you email them generally it magically getting delivered to fedex. Every time I email them it works. That would be my suggestion. I just ask nicely what the status of my order is and how I really need said item. If it shows a fedex shipment created I ask if it had been transferred to Fedex. If your polite they will get it moving. I’m sure with all the Tesla’s being sold there are a lot of people ordering items.

In the past month, I've order a Tesla wall connector, Model Y storage bins, Homelink, and the tequila decanter. Each time I received a shipment notification & FedEx tracking number within a day of my orders. Depending on FedEx, I've either received the items in 2-3 days, but on a couple of things in about 5 days, but that was all FedEx and not Tesla's fault.

Generally they create the shipping label and it sits there for 3-4 days. If you email them generally it magically getting delivered to fedex. Every time I email them it works. That would be my suggestion. I just ask nicely what the status of my order is and how I really need said item. If it shows a fedex shipment created I ask if it had been transferred to Fedex. If your polite they will get it moving. I’m sure with all the Tesla’s being sold there are a lot of people ordering items.
Good to know for the future. My order got delivered yesterday. Thanks for the information.

My rear PPF has been over 1 month still hasn't shipped because they are out of stock. Not sure how I was able to order but it is out of stock. I ordered a 10-30 adapter which they shipped after a month. Other orders shipped the next day or within a week.

I am not sure what's a usual time frame for orders to arrive from Tesla online store, but I ordered one of the NEMA Gen2 adapters on 08/11. It's been almost 10 days now and there is no update on their website. It has a tracking number but on the FedEx website the only information they have is that the label was created on the day of my order. Nothing since.

These days even if the product is coming from another corner of the world by a small manufacturer, I would expect an item to be shipped by now. Let alone from a multi billion dollar giant. Also it's an adapter which is in stock (according to their website). So I am not sure why it's taking so long.

What are your experiences? Should I expect another 1-2 weeks or 1-2 months?
Mine took about 3 weeks. There was a label a week after but nothing for the next week and then it took a week to travel from CA to FL.

After about 2 months they canceled my PPF order for some reason. Now I need to wait until it is back in stock to reorder it.. Only waiting for the PPF on the rear doors to apply ceramic coating.. Weird how they are applying it to some new cars but not have it on sale on the shop. I think it was supposed to come back into stock soon and so it’s too bad they cancelled my order..