Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shocked! Model 3 has no blind spot detection [Update: yes, it does]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree. Rear cross traffic alert is a life saver. My wife’s van has it while my model X does not. The wide angle camera is not enough given how fast cars can approach before showing up on camera.

Also it’s a disappointment not having true blind spot warning indicators. The screen does not always present someone in the blind spots.
Yes. At the very least there should be adequate audible warning that covers a wider field of “view”. My lowly Ford does a much better job in this regard.

Seems like the angle is almost too wide. Do you have any trouble gauging where the cars beside and behind you are?
The main issue to get used to is the wide angle view on the driver’s side. We’re used to wide angle on the passenger side, but I’ve never seen a stock convex mirror for the driver.

That being said, it’s a relatively minor issue. It provides a good view behind you AND in your blind spot. The only difficulty I’ve had is if I shift my eyes to the right without moving my head, my left eye sees a bit more in the mirror than my right and it sometimes takes a second to focus. I attribute this to being right eye dominant. I believe the different view from each eye is greater in a convex mirror the closer it is to you, thus, my eyes were a little confused at first. Again, this is the first time I’ve ever drive with a convex mirror in the left.