Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything about Citron Research, but there is no question that there is an opportunity for finding companies that are involved in fraud, and shorting them. This appears to be Citron's modus operandum. I don't think anything good can be gained by trying to demonize them - their are just doing something they believe in. Everyone can make a bad call sometimes, and if stock prices actually move when they open their mouth, that is an indication that they have a track record. Obviously people who are long Tesla disagree with them, but branding Citron as a company of frauds doesn't make you more correct.

Just stick to whatever trading strategies you are using and let this minor correction blow over. This announcement will have absolutely no long-term effect.

This is what I show levels of support and resistance based on 120 days high yesterday and low of 53. Something to consider going into earnings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 645
That's the Autodata number:

June auto sales led by pickups

The second quarter, which ends with June sales, was not as successful. In June, Tesla sold 1,425 vehicles and ended the first half of the year with 8931 units sold, according to Autodata Corp. That’s 4181 units for the second quarter, which is 569 units off the first quarter mark and 319 units off Tesla’s 4500 units a quarter mark.

I drive a Volt, am waiting for gen III and thought BMW might be a good car to replace our Volt until gen III. But after seeing the i3 release photos and reading all the stats, it's looks like a big joke of a car to me. Nissan's ugly (my opinion) Leaf is more competition to Tesla then the i3. I can however think of one good use for the i3, a clown car in the circus, it looks like you could fit a lot of clowns in there and it would help lower the carbon monoxide inside of the tent.

I drive a Volt, am waiting for gen III and thought BMW might be a good car to replace our Volt until gen III. But after seeing the i3 release photos and reading all the stats, it's looks like a big joke of a car to me. Nissan's ugly (my opinion) Leaf is more competition to Tesla then the i3. I can however think of one good use for the i3, a clown car in the circus, it looks like you could fit a lot of clowns in there and it would help lower the carbon monoxide inside of the tent.

LOL

It's a California compliance car, pure and simple. These guys are not even trying.

Man, I can not wait until Genlll comes out and the sale numbers go through the roof. They'll all say "we never anticipated this much demand for EVs. We weren't able to sell many (insert name of half assed, semi-electric vehicle). Why are people buying Teslas?"

LOL

It's a California compliance car, pure and simple. These guys are not even trying.

Man, I can not wait until Genlll comes out and the sale numbers go through the roof. They'll all say "we never anticipated this much demand for EVs. We weren't able to sell many (insert name of half assed, semi-electric vehicle). Why are people buying Teslas?"
Actually I'm not sure if the i3 is a compliance car, that's what scares me.

BMW has publically said in Norway they expect to sell over 1k cars in 2014 (and last few months of 2013). Compared to Leaf sales in Norway of above 2k cars each year (from a total yearly car sales around 110k cars). The i3 is priced about the same as a Leaf in Norway but with only space for 4 and class-worst trunk size of 200L I can't see who they will sell to.

The questionable looks aside, it has a lot less utility for a small family than a Leaf, less range than a Leaf but slightly better performance from 50-100km/h. I don't know but I guess from 0-50km/h the Leaf and i3 is pretty much the same. Compared to the MiEV which sells around 20-25% of the Leaf the i3 has about the same size, but the MiEV has suprisingly good 0-50km/h times and rear-wheel drive. And costs about 75% of the price of the i3.

So given these conditions how can the i3 sell almost half of the Leaf, is the BMW brand name worth so much compared to Nissan? I just don't get it...

Cobos

Looks like the last hope for the BMW i3 (that despite horrible looks and a thoroughly misguided and no doubt very expensive "competition to Tesla" PR campaign) the last hope for BMW before heads start to roll has been extinguished courtesy of Motor Trend Magazine (the same guys that unanimously awarded the Model S 2013 car of the year) and seem disposed to like environmental initiatives enough despite a the lack of a unanimous decision to give the same award to the Volt in a previous life.

So for the concluding chapter in this worthless distraction: BMW i3 drives so poorly that Motor Trend Magazine has has seen fit to publicly rebuke BMW with the words "golf cart".

2014 BMW i3 First Drive - Motor Trend

Humiliations galore for the much vaunted 90K test drives to follow (was once promoted as 100K test drives and that was a correction of a reported 100K reservations).

I am all for EV adoption. The reason I object to the conduct of BMW in this case is attacking a worthwhile green initiative with a worthless one instead of doing the right thing: build a proper car and take it to market on its merits.

An email arrived about half an hour ago from Tesla Motors. It invites me to test drive a Model S at one of three Chicagoland locations. The one actually in the city appears to be a recent addition. I know they had been advertising for a sales manager there. The test drive would last 20 minutes with the accompaniment of a Tesla representative. Up to three friends could ride in the back seat.

I'd love to own a Model S. I could buy a number of them with my TSLA profits this year. But I live in a highrise building and park in a municipal garage across the street. It has no charging outlets.

An email arrived about half an hour ago from Tesla Motors. It invites me to test drive a Model S at one of three Chicagoland locations. The one actually in the city appears to be a recent addition. I know they had been advertising for a sales manager there. The test drive would last 20 minutes with the accompaniment of a Tesla representative. Up to three friends could ride in the back seat.

I'd love to own a Model S. I could buy a number of them with my TSLA profits this year. But I live in a highrise building and park in a municipal garage across the street. It has no charging outlets.

Will they allow you to install a EVSE or maybe you can get one installed at your office.

Looks like the last hope for the BMW i3 (that despite horrible looks and a thoroughly misguided and no doubt very expensive "competition to Tesla" PR campaign) the last hope for BMW before heads start to roll has been extinguished courtesy of Motor Trend Magazine (the same guys that unanimously awarded the Model S 2013 car of the year) and seem disposed to like environmental initiatives enough despite a the lack of a unanimous decision to give the same award to the Volt in a previous life.

So for the concluding chapter in this worthless distraction: BMW i3 drives so poorly that Motor Trend Magazine has has seen fit to publicly rebuke BMW with the words "golf cart".

2014 BMW i3 First Drive - Motor Trend

Humiliations galore for the much vaunted 90K test drives to follow (was once promoted as 100K test drives and that was a correction of a reported 100K reservations).

I am all for EV adoption. The reason I object to the conduct of BMW in this case is attacking a worthwhile green initiative with a worthless one instead of doing the right thing: build a proper car and take it to market on its merits.

Whoever designed that thing should be forced to resign and not be allowed to work in the car industry ever again. Its UGLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.