Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How stupid is this:

Top Tickers Trending

$TSLA: Tesla (TSLA) rallied 2.4%, but the stock is poised for a significant weekly decline following the circulation of the video. However, analysts have generally maintained their upbeat outlook on the electric-car maker. "Although this incident will likely weigh on near-term sentiment, we do not expect this to derail near-term Model S orders and delivery momentum,"
Craig Irwin at Wedbush wrote in a note on Thursday.

$TWTR: Twitter Inc., the microblogging company that allows users to enjoy their 15 seconds of fame in 140 characters, filed for an initial public offering on Thursday, setting the stage for the most watched tech IPO since Facebook Inc. (FB) went public in 2012. Twitter is looking to raise up to $1 billion via the stock offering.

Meanwhile, Tweeter Home Entertainment Group Inc. (TWTRQ) is benefiting from a case of mistaken identity with the stock up 505% in recent trade as some investors bid on the stock, believing they are buying a stake in Twitter.

Wow still at 500% high, 1500% at the peak!!!
Go short it, guys!

It would be like impossible to sell now though right? Or are people still buying at those prices?

It would be like impossible to sell now though right? Or are people still buying at those prices?

You are right, the bid/ask is $0.00 and $.25.. , lol, what a joke! :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Been trying to short TWTRQ at Fidelity...
"there are currently no shares available to short, or there are insufficient shares available to meet your request"

Man you did really try it?! hahaha... why not!

I wonder if certain people feel kind of stupid today... You know who you are. ;)

ETA: Sorry to gloat. That's probably bad form... but SCREW YOU HATERS!!!! $180.00 here we come. :D :D :D

I wouldn't start celebrating yet. There are still many uncertainties coming next week.

Everything looks good and those who bought stock have done really well. But I have a feeling that I will be buying options cheaper next Friday than what the prices are today.

I wouldn't start celebrating yet. There are still many uncertainties coming next week.

Everything looks good and those who bought stock have done really well. But I have a feeling that I will be buying options cheaper next Friday than what the prices are today.

Level headed thinking. I think today's rally is the market wave. Next week we will see if we get a TSLA rally or not depending on findings from this week's incident.

My portfolio is almost back to where it was when we were at $194, and I didn't even play the down turn well. I kept a lot of my calls throughout the turn and also still have a decent chunk of cash for more buying so I didn't fully invest. Amazing to see that it's back even though the stock is still $18 off its highs.

I also did not play it super either.
But thanks to following this board and understanding how the TSLA 10 day moving average looks like a sawtooth wave that bounces off the 20 day moving average and tops out at a difference of 8-10 allowed me to hedge in a number of ways.
I was predicting a drop to 170-175 within the week

* Sold off most of my long calls on the run up except December 170s that I got on sale during the Sept 9 drop to 160
* Sold off some bull call spreads I bought on the run up
* Bought some OTM Oct 160 puts on the way up. Could have waited and bought them cheaper but I was targeting 185-190 as the peak. This secured gains in my core stock and covered some downside risk. I also had the plan to use these as the lower leg of a bull put spread if there was a big drop. The amount of the drop would let me choose which high strike put to sell.

So early this week I was mostly cash, long stock and puts.

Then the "Fire sale" started

* I was hesitant to buy too many calls due to the very high IV, so bought in moderation
* Picked up some more stock at 172
* I sold some of the Oct 160 puts for a profit
* Sold Oct 175 puts to create bull put spreads combined with the Oct 160 puts. The idea is that the 160 and 175 puts expire worthless and I keep the premium difference from selling the 175 puts when IV drove the price high during the drop.
* Sold some longer term bull put spreads at strikes that I'm very confident will be exceeded by the end of the year.

Now if we can break and hold $185 or so before Q3 ER I'll be very happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.