Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also sold Oct $195, $200 to hedge my other position. Down to $183 now. Yep, the hedge works like wonder. It stabilizes my whole account. Otherwise would be elevator move up and then down.

I thought I would do this by the end of day. However it could be we have seen the action for the whole day. Once I hedged, the range bound move impacts little to my account.

The market moves too fast. At $182, I close the weekly hedge and let the long calls go! I really don't want to do this. But it seems the market is begging me for the action?

I need to stop going to classes and pay attention to my investments. I tried to do the delayed risk free bull call spread but the market had moved by the time I had looked through the options chains and put in my order. Had I known we would be back down I would just have sold and bought back now. I really hate the terrible wireless connection on Cornell's campus it's not conducive to day trading.

The market moves too fast. At $182, I close the weekly hedge and let the long calls go! I really don't want to do this. But it seems the market is begging me for the action?

I would have probably done the same thing had I hedged earlier. However, I am worried that the markets are starting to think that this whole U.S. default thing might have higher odds of materializing than what everyone thinks.

Had I known we would be back down I would just have sold and bought back now.

"Had I known ...."???? It is universally true had I know it will go up to $185 today, I would've ....

That kind of reasoning won't help you at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Kevin you have $185 or 190 weeklies?

I have Oct1 $180 and $185, among other positions. The OTM short call I just bought back for a gain already covers some of the cost of these calls.

Disclaimer: I don't do this kind of in-and-out trade usually. I don't promote this kind of trading. Since I am totally in sync with the low-high-low (very rarely by the way), I just let it flow.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like I am in for a muddy fight today.

At $182, I am leaning on the side it will hold the support. If it goes up from here, I have my hedging order already placed.

Ouch. Caught off guard by this sell off. I was up huge earlier today. This is why they say pigs get slaughtered. Should have sold half my calls when they doubled. Every time I decided to ignore my rules I get burned.

At this point I'm just holding through the slump. We are back to Square one apparently.... I was also up a lot this morning....oh well....flat is better than down I guess.....

Ouch. Caught off guard by this sell off. I was up huge earlier today. This is why they say pigs get slaughtered. Should have sold half my calls when they doubled. Every time I decided to ignore my rules I get burned.

I was staring at my iPad this morning wondering if I should pick up some weekly calls as it was hovering around $181.XX. Decided not to as I don't like the amount of attention that is required to manage them. By the time I made it into the office, I would have been up quite a bit, only to be back where we are now.

C'est la vie, but at least my heart rate has been pretty stable today. Like others, I try to remind myself that I'm not a day trader.

ah I am becoming a day trader! I thought I am a week-trader, or a multi-week-trader? Guess TSLA compacts a week of a action into a day, hence the morph?
Yes go up to $182.5. All this $1 change means a lot to my account today, when hedging is removed.

Wow, strong moving pass $183! I am perfectly in sync low-high-low-high so far today! How many total days of action we will see in just one morning?

Very likely we will see $185 again today.

Personally, I've stopped trying to make money off of every swing. I used to try to take advantage of every daily swing but more often then not my timing would be a bit off. In order to really be successful at it your timing has to be almost perfect (like Kevin :) ). My portfolio was up big this morning, now it's down a bit and I'm learned to accept that. Playing with weekly options trying to take advantage of every swing can be great or can really hurt.

Personally, I've stopped trying to make money off of every swing. I used to try to take advantage of every daily swing but more often then not my timing would be a bit off. In order to really be successful at it your timing has to be almost perfect (like Kevin :) ). My portfolio was up big this morning, now it's down a bit and I'm learned to accept that. Playing with weekly options trying to take advantage of every swing can be great or can really hurt.

Yea I don't see how they do it. I can't follow every little up and down movement on a daily basis or it drives me crazy. So far I've done more harm than good trying to predict weekly movements with options.

Oh and WAHOOOO post 10000!

Status
Not open for further replies.