Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling the media is going to run with the crash test stroy. I mean it is a great story. The first car to give a 1 star crash rating to the testing equipment. LOL. I mean the machine literally broke when it tried to crash the Model S. Man! What is Elon & Co going to think of next? Send a rocket to space?!! Oh, wait...

Anyway, if this gets picked up, with details like the Model S vs. the Volvo s60 in side impact, or the fact the equipment broke before it could crash the roof, it should give as a nice little upwards momentum, shouldn't it?

I have a feeling the media is going to run with the crash test stroy. I mean it is a great story. The first car to give a 1 star crash rating to the testing equipment. LOL. I mean the machine literally broke when it tried to crash the Model S. Man! What is Elon & Co going to think of next? Send a rocket to space?!! Oh, wait...

Anyway, if this gets picked up, with details like the Model S vs. the Volvo s60 in side impact, or the fact the equipment broke before it could crash the roof, it should give as a nice little upwards momentum, shouldn't it?
I do find it amusing that they broke one testing device and made another testing device obsolete. And then a 5.4 on a scale of 5.

There's "nailed it" (sticking the landing at the Olympics) and then there's "and won over the judges" (earning a perfect 10 with roaring crowd approval).

the good ol' tesla tuesdays. bit the bullet and sold some pre-q2 sept 170 options.
Up 3.65 premarket. Tsla Tuesday may be broken! :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the short squeeze today we have been looking for. Just wait we will be up to 155 or close to it today.

- - - Updated - - -

Good move on buying due to NHTSA videos. There are many opportunities in the market similar to this that will allow you to make money, but are very hard to spot or require a bit of luck, so you have to capitalize whenever you have this chance.

Lets see how the market reacts, but I feel like this will be very positive news.

Best Car ever built
Safest Car ever built

This will be a big turning point for Tesla. The amount of doubters is going to go down significantly after this.

Tesla is the Tiger Woods of Automobiles. The guy shows up on tour and is the longest driver of the ball. Oh, and by the way he has the best short game too. And one more thing...he is the most clutch putter as well. BOOM!

Game, set, match!
Love your analogy just hope TSLA stays faithful! :wink:

Regarding the timing of the crash test results explanation, Elon rarely fires single shots... I am wondering if this is just a first shot, and couple more shells are already in the barrels, just waiting for perfect timing before being fired.

I am trying to watch the financial news outlets to see how much 'air time' yesterday's crash test result release gets. If it takes them a day to digest the news before reporting it (unlikely) then Tesla Tuesday may be good buy opportunity before 'Wow Wednesday' that might occur if major networks pick up the story late today/tomorrow.

Watch for an overall rally in the market today. Nobody wants to see the S&P 500 stay below 1650. If it opens above 1650 prepare for some volatility as TSLA loves to overexaggerate market movements. Might even cancel out Tesla Tuesday :)

I don't know if I agree witht the "overexaggerate market movements" part. I have read somewhere that TSLA has a low beta of 0.58, which means that it kind of has a mind of its own and doesn't really move along with the market.

I don't know if I agree witht the "overexaggerate market movements" part. I have read somewhere that TSLA has a low beta of 0.58, which means that it kind of has a mind of its own and doesn't really move along with the market.

Hard to know the timing of the market fully realizing this, but I don't think it's a stretch to say this increases demand long-term for S 20%. So in my rough mental math 2016 eps up from $7-8 to $9 (fwiw, not including any big spend on Gen III tooling).

(of course time will tell if this emphatic a safety showing carries to the whole Tesla brand, but repating this for X seems quite likely. )

Last edited:
I love how Tesla is not advertising while the media is doing it for them. Can you imagine if Tesla had a super bowl commercial for Model X? Problem will be factory meeting the demand.
This is the beauty of the company. Let the product and the people who buy the product spread the gospel. No need to really advertise. Anyone know what percentage of gross one of the big three spend on advertising?

I am trying to watch the financial news outlets to see how much 'air time' yesterday's crash test result release gets. If it takes them a day to digest the news before reporting it (unlikely) then Tesla Tuesday may be good buy opportunity before 'Wow Wednesday' that might occur if major networks pick up the story late today/tomorrow.

Cramer coming around...might be time to sell:biggrin:. Says he is putting Tesla Charger at a hotel he owns?? http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000192125

Status
Not open for further replies.