Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks DaveT for your view of earlier today and what may happen tomorrow. I share about the same sentiment tomorrow - that it has a high probability of taking a dump because we went through $160 into $170 way too quickly. I was trying to adjust my stop loss, saw that TSLA was in the process of tanking, but I couldn't log in at many times and couldn't change my order at many times. It was like as if everybody was just bottlenecking the server. I kept my eyes out on the 3 major US stock indices and TSLA to make sure that the "to the moon" rise in TSLA stock wasn't going to screw me over by taking a dive in the afternoon. Been through it before many times. Good thing I was able to catch it and sold my shares before it tanked further. I would definitely prefer to re-enter at around $160-$161 if it dips or if the stock stabilizes, re-enter around $167-$168 (because I sold my shares at $168.66).

Reviewing the after-hours, it looks like with only 183,118 shares traded to end up at $166.06, it might not mean much for tomorrow. Already, the Asian market is not in deep green due to potential war news with Syria, among other things. Then, there's the debt ceiling stuff we have to endure. Sigh. Well, here's looking at re-entry at $160-$161, and I presume it'll dip to that low because of the magical/mythical $161.88.

I too had problems logging in an getting quotes this morning, so I called my broker to inquire. They very helpfully mentioned that if you are logging in from a 'favourited' link or default page setting that there were some issues. I manually typed in my brokerage's website and voila! No more issues.

Are you also amazed that it went to $173 while you were zzzzz? Your prediction was good for some parts =]. Care to go for another round what will happen later today?

Regarding that push to 170+, I did mention someone should raise my prediction becos my upper limit of 168 might be too low (I said this before it went past 170) - I was exhausted by then and I wanted to go and buy a disney game LOL but yea that upward excursion was starting to become "definitely happening" shortly after markets opened.

Anyway, that was the range I predicted for the day so I felt any excursion from that range (the 170 and that 160) would see the stock try to return back to that range so I'm not really surprised by the excursion over 170, but I was expecting at most 172 before returning under 168 so I was off by a dollar (in my mind anyway) but all that happened while I was sound asleep so I don't know if I could have had a better prediction for the top if I had stayed awake throughout the "day". The bottom was a similar bounce back to the predicted range.

I'm more amazed that even the after market strove to stay in the middle of 164 and 168.. it's like 166.06 almost dead center LOL!

I don't really try to make predictions for tuesdays because I'm already conditioned to expect Tesla Tuesdays so my thoughts are inherently flawed. I only worked hard to make a prediction yesterday so that I could tell myself 164 and below I'd buy in, 168 and above I'd sell. (I needed to realise some actual profit to buy my disney infinity game)

I don't touch my core long-term TSLA stocks though! All I did was buy a 100 shares below 164.99 and I sold that that above 169 and took that gain to the game store :) My core stocks remain intact.

I also have school homework to finish, several deadlines this week, so I'll be staying out of today's tesla tuesday action sorry!

Hi guys, as of today I am a new owner of Tesla Motors stock. After having been badly burned by equity funds and their managers a few times (I was persuaded by my bank to invest in my first equity funds right at the height of the bubble in 2008 and saw my money reduced by half in a few months. I still think she got a fat bonus for that sale) I have decided to stop listening to them and decide myself what to invest in.

If I make a profit it's all good, if not at least this time I know where the money went and that it was used to make our world a slightly better place.I have been fascinated by electric cars for years and have been following everything Tesla related avidly. I'm in it for the long run, so I won't be doing much selling or buying because I think Tesla has still got huge potential for the future. I will still be watching this thread with considerably more interest than before :biggrin:

Btw I first asked my bank whether it would make sense to invest in TSLA in January this year and they told me it was a bad idea, so maybe that gives you an idea how pissed off I currently am with counselors and advisers and funds managers. I could have quadrupled my money by now ...

Hi mhpr262,

a very hearty welcome from another believer from germany. I decided to step in late may and been steady buying more shares. Just be informed that the german market overreacts to both sides,
for example 128/121 € yesterday and 122,6 right now.

gruesse

You know what? Finally I figure out what drove today's run-up to $173! It is John Peterson again. His newly minted article is out:

Tesla's Crushing Battery Supply Constraints

Ok now he needs to pay me all the additional clicks. I think he does need that to cover his loss.

He should really write these type of articles more often! :rolleyes:

Looks like JP has completely lost the plot this time.

The poor guy is terrified of Tesla running into production numbers in excess of a couple of hundred thousand units annually. As short term problems go, this one is of particularly high quality.

Btw I first asked my bank whether it would make sense to invest in TSLA in January this year and they told me it was a bad idea, so maybe that gives you an idea how pissed off I currently am with counselors and advisers and funds managers. I could have quadrupled my money by now ...

You'll be even more pissed if the market takes a downturn and your $160 Tesla shares are suddenly worth $80. At least make sure you are aware of the risk you are taking by investing in one of the most volatile stocks on the NASDAQ after a year of insane growth.

As a rule I recommend consistent and gradual stock investments - it's the best way to make sure you aren't burned the way you have been. I made my first investments right before the GFC in 2007, so I know how you feel.

Man not really sure i should make a play today. i might just sit this one out. I would expect a Tesla Tuesday but its hard to tell if the stock still has momentum in it or not.

I think I'm sitting on the side lines for today. I just cancelled my lowball limit buy. The entire US pre-market is looking horrible right now. TSLA might not hold above $161.88 or above at the closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.