Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's been some interesting action, it seems that the bot that we see attempting to drive the price down has hit support in the 124.7 range, and no longer down in the 121 range. I'm glad to be seeing a move up, and i think we may see another attempt in the next few min to go down below 124 and if it doesn't gain traction we'll get some green in the last half hour.

What appeared to be a breakout might have been deceiving. The first chart is what I have been going off of for a while now. After seeing the breakout take a pause, I went looking for more. See the the second chart with "new trend lines", I believe it might tell the story. I'm still very cautious here, until we clear more resistance or establish a stronger, consistent uptrend. Again, no advice, just what I'm seeing. As always, eagerly waiting to get long again (I'm currently long with ~20% of my original/intended holdings).

[SNIP]

Breaking the downward trendline drawn with the closing price is more significant than the downward trendline made by intraday spikes.

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]I thought for sure the Germans would call for a recall or make more of a fuss since they are home of Mercedes, BMW, Porsche etc..happily [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]surprised by the news.[/FONT]

I for one actually welcome this. It was getting out of control before with 10 or 20 pages of posts on some days. Valuable posts were quickly buried by pages of garbage posts in many cases.

Maybe a sign of the bottom. I might start thinking about selling some when this thread gets back to pages and pages of people asking for advice on which options to play.

Maybe a sign of the bottom. I might start thinking about selling some when this thread gets back to pages and pages of people asking for advice on which options to play.

Spot on MikeC. The euphoria that was going on on TMC around September/October was a sign of a top, and one of the reasons why I started getting a little cautious on TSLA. Unfortunately I bought some Q3 ER options that went worthless, but I was prepared for that to happen:

Now I bought some longer term options and shares in TSLA in the $120 range; a big chunk of my portfolio now. Even though I thought TSLA would go up post Q3 ER, I will be a lot better off in the long run buying TSLA at $120.

Status
Not open for further replies.