Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy the volatile ride...I think Implied Vol of the options must be getting very high here...the fact that we raced up to 290+ I think speaks to some big shorts deciding to cover before this announcement???once they were done covering we came back to reality of the mid 280s

if you look at the huge volume spike that happened around the same time Phil Lebeau tweeted the picture of the GigaFactory site...I wonder if that could have triggered it

I think you're right - this and other steadily ramping press coverage beginning mid-day woke up the markets and scared the pants off the shorts.

gf pic.jpg

My thoughts exactly. To be fair I don't blame them, there's so much BS coming from corporate leadership it's often right to be highly skeptical of ambitious plans. What they don't realize is that Elon means what he says in terms of the broad strokes (his short term timeline is often too optimistic though).

Agreed. I am aware of the past Tesla delays but in the end things get done. Buy on the dip from the delay news.

I'm scouring the local Reno news sites but I see no live video anywhere, sadly. Maybe a State TV thing somewhere? Here's the governor's office link Curt provided earlier:

Media Advisory Governor Brian Sandoval to Host Press Conference for Major Economic Development Announcement

Doesnt seem like it will be live...my guess is that Lebeau will tape an interview and air pieces of it throughout the day tomorrow on CNBC and that Tesla will release a blog post tonight about the important points at the time of the press conference or right before it. Of course we'll also see dozens of news articles at the same time resting and basically regurgitating the same info released in the Tesla blog post.

Doesnt seem like it will be live...my guess is that Lebeau will tape an interview and air pieces of it throughout the day tomorrow on CNBC and that Tesla will release a blog post tonight about the important points at the time of the press conference or right before it. Of course we'll also see dozens of news articles at the same time resting and basically regurgitating the same info released in the Tesla blog post.

Yep, Elon will want to let the governor have his time in the spotlight, then follow up most likely. Exciting to see the earthmovers moving earth!

If CNBC has been covering this from the beginning you can bet that they will be there for the press event. I would keep an eye on their website and possibly and news stations covering their broadcasts. 7PM is after the evening news... so it might also be covered at the 11PM news break. I doubt you will get national coverage of this on a live TV broadcast, but it might make the local broadcasts... Anyone who can find the coverage please post, I will certainly start doing my searching for where it might be covered when I get home tonight.

It will be livestreamed: http://gov.nv.gov

That comes straight from the Governor's office. I just checked with Mari N. St. Martin, the communications director for the governor.
(She has quite a background, by the way.)

EDIT: Here's a better link: http://gov.nv.gov/live/Sept4/

and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L0awgc8tuA

Thanks -- thought it was 4pm EST and clearly I was wrong. 7pm EST then!

Looks like a board member exercised some options today as well. Not sure if that will have a share price effect, shouldn't really.

- - - Updated - - -

When the good news is coming it just keeps coming. Stolen Tesla Owner Uses App to Watch Cops Catch Thief | NBC Bay Area

"After this, I'm not going to get any other car for sure," she said.

Awesome.

The recent Tesla uptrend reminds me of when we broke $40 and continued to plow through record close for weeks. As we broke through 60s, 70s 80s and 90s there were much concern and debate on this forum about tesla's valuation and ability to sustain such a high price tag. Then came a secondary (by surprise) that Elon announced to be atworth $92 per share, where he would invest $100 million of his own money. After falling back to the 80s the next few days, the rest was history. We may be in the same position as we were last year, where many investors think tesla is over valued, while others were arguin we may never see tesla "this low again."

My prediction for the giga factory is that the deal Nevada is giving is more compelling than what CA can offer, otherwise, why accept the offer so suddenly and quickly? I believe Elon had his mind made up for Nevada during the CC when he mentioned that Tesla wasn't trying to haggle an awesome deal only for its own benefit, but it has to make sense for both tesla and the selected state. Here, I believe Elon already knew what Nevada would offer and it was such a great deal to tesla that even the $500 million in incentives fromCA could not even have measured up. Looking forward to a great 3rd and 4th Q...

So, pretty much, the deal that is being struck (highly recommend reading through the latest posts on the gigafactory thread here: Tesla Gigafactory Investor Thread - Page 143) is a tax break of 1.25 Billion

Take that CA and TX! There are some other interesting tidbits, but this deal will be worth a heck of a lot more than anyone expected (I think the most being thrown around was what? 700M?) So I expect when the market gets a chance to injest this information it is going to really blow the stock up because now people will be able to claim funding total of 4.25 (the 3B from Tesla and this deal), so who needs Panasonic anymore :D

The recent Tesla uptrend reminds me of when we broke $40 and continued to plow through record close for weeks. As we broke through 60s, 70s 80s and 90s there were much concern and debate on this forum about tesla's valuation and ability to sustain such a high price tag. Then came a secondary (by surprise) that Elon announced to be atworth $92 per share, where he would invest $100 million of his own money. After falling back to the 80s the next few days, the rest was history. We may be in the same position as we were last year, where many investors think tesla is over valued, while others were arguin we may never see tesla "this low again."

My prediction for the giga factory is that the deal Nevada is giving is more compelling than what CA can offer, otherwise, why accept the offer so suddenly and quickly? I believe Elon had his mind made up for Nevada during the CC when he mentioned that Tesla wasn't trying to haggle an awesome deal only for its own benefit, but it has to make sense for both tesla and the selected state. Here, I believe Elon already knew what Nevada would offer and it was such a great deal to tesla that even the $500 million in incentives fromCA could not even have measured up. Looking forward to a great 3rd and 4th Q...

but at 90 there was a secondary that propelled the price even higher. without that secondary, we would have fallen back to 70.

but at 90 there was a secondary that propelled the price even higher. without that secondary, we would have fallen back to 70.

I absolutely agree. With tesla the stock will continue to propel itself with even better news. My point and opinion is if there are positive news lingering in the horizon, don't sell. Our future now lies in X and 2014 guidance which is only months away. If they are announcing gigafactory news now, x must be on time IMO.

So it's in the books that the Nevada incentives is well over $1.2 billion. WOW! This sets the tone for even higher incentives for gigafactory number two (if you know what I mean :)

Status
Not open for further replies.