Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the lack of substantial news to push the stock in either direction, I think its mostly being moved by TA and day traders right now. Again, Support and Resistance are converging. The next few days will be telling from the TA side of things. Otherwise, we are still waiting for some news...

Bms6VFr3.png

I find it weird that it is converging now. When detroit auto show should be the catalyst event. Almost saying there is going to be an unexpected announcement within the week... If you believe in the school that says TA drives the news.

I might look at it the other way. The market knows there's a strong chance of a catalyst event next week and so both sides, long and short, are waiting it out and hence things are converging until then. So I'd say instead that the TA is being driven by the potential for upcoming news.

In other words, TA is just a way to gain some insight into the behavior of the flock, not necessarily a way to presage events. That said, feedback cycles - where enough people watch what everyone else is doing through TA and then all act accordingly - is a real phenomenon so keeping track of when convergences like this occur are one useful tool in your toolchest.

Au contraire, I think NYT gave Tesla substantially more than that by their botched hatch job.
Broder is what pointed me in this direction, and that has given me a rather nice lump sum (on paper) which I would not otherwise have come across.
Thanks all round! Prosperous New Year!

I bought the stock because of the high short interest as a result of the Broder article, at the time I didn't know too much about the actual car but with the stock apprecation & further research into the car led me to place my order.

Au contraire, I think NYT gave Tesla substantially more than that by their botched hatch job.
Broder is what pointed me in this direction, and that has given me a rather nice lump sum (on paper) which I would not otherwise have come across.
Thanks all round! Prosperous New Year!

Interesting, same story here. I am another person that is grateful to Broder. The timing of his article worked very well for me.

I have never heard of Tesla before Broder's article, and after reading his article and researching the car I was so blown away that I was prompted to open new brokerage account and make my first investment on Nasdaq into TSLA. In March I got substantial payout which all went into this stock. Prior to that my investments were limited to ASX. So far so good.

Back to some other short term talk items.

What do we all expect in Jan 2014 as positive catalysts:

3. Introduction of 'near finished' or 'finished' model X at Detroit auto show

Yes/No?

I've been getting emails from other car manufacturers with hints on what they will reveal at the 2014 Detroit auto show. With less than a week to go, wouldn't you expect Tesla to have made some pre-show noise by now if they were to introduce something big? Just lowering expectations a bit...

+1.

Plus, we don't yet know the level of customer loss due to fire FUD. The other day some guy walked up to me in parking lot as I was getting into my S. He says nice car, etc. We chit chat about Tesla. Then he points to a Maserati in the lot and says he just got it instead of a Model S because he had heard they easily catch on fire. I told him not true and that he'd prolly regret not buying Tesla.

I've been getting emails from other car manufacturers with hints on what they will reveal at the 2014 Detroit auto show. With less than a week to go, wouldn't you expect Tesla to have made some pre-show noise by now if they were to introduce something big? Just lowering expectations a bit...

Nope, I think they have pretty tight lips. They don't need to release tidbits like the other manufactures. It's almost like MacWorld back in the day. The whole world is on the edge of their seats waiting to see what the next great product is.

We know that the X was getting the final touches in November. I would not be surprised if it looks considerably different. Tesla has received a lot of feedback on the prototype.

Status
Not open for further replies.