Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a bear attack this morning, on low volume. Buying a few weeklies here expecting GF official announcement this week. Here goes nothing :)

I did the same. I bought ones that would also coincide with the upcoming TMC 'Connect' hoping that there may be some nice info coming out of that as well. (July 25, 250s)

Last edited:
What if the gigafactory doesn't actually materialize-or, for that matter, doesn't materialize in the next 8 months. There's now an unsubstantiated report that panasonic will only give 200 million$, and the ground breaking that was scheduled for last month didn't happen.
Is the stock about to get hit with a number of bear "gigafactory not going to happen!" articles?

What if the gigafactory doesn't actually materialize-or, for that matter, doesn't materialize in the next 8 months. There's now an unsubstantiated report that panasonic will only give 200 million$, and the ground breaking that was scheduled for last month didn't happen.
Is the stock about to get hit with a number of bear "gigafactory not going to happen!" articles?

If that is the case I won't be retiring anytime soon! Let us hope that is not the case.

I'm seeing tweets that TSLA orders are soft according to barclays, perhaps adding to the negative sentiment.

Perhaps they're just tweeting about this afternoon's headline on Benzinga, "Hearing Barclays Cautious on Tesla". There is nothing more than a headline; no article. TD Ameritrade repeated it. I see nothing more on it other than a March 10 article in TheStreet headlined similarly, "Why Barclays is Cautious of Tesla Motors." That article mentioned nothing about orders, only margins.

- - - Updated - - -

I recall reports indicating that Panasonic will contribute incrementally as demand warrants rather than all at once. That makes sense to me, and should not be a problem.

Here is commentary from the Barclays analyst. Doesn't sound bearish to me... I think today was a bunch of shorts trying to make something out of the crashes and inflammatory headlines that followed.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...SLA),+Says+Barclays/9641997.html?si_client=st

One more thing: Wait time on Tesla website says "October" for S60s and S85s. Thats 3-4 months.... looks like increased demand to me. If I remember correctly, used to be 2-3 months.

I recall reports indicating that Panasonic will contribute incrementally as demand warrants rather than all at once. That makes sense to me, and should not be a problem.

Precisely. An announcement of a signed contract, and doing so ahead of expectations (Tesla has said a by year end), I think would be considered a positive by any reasonable person. That said, yes, we may see monkey business articles trying to have some sport with Panasonic's previously announced incremental approach to investing as some kind of new and negative development.

I'm seeing tweets that TSLA orders are soft according to barclays, perhaps adding to the negative sentiment.

That unverified Benzinga headline came out at 2:21 pm EDT, and was immediately repeated by TD Ameritrade. That is the same time as the final punch occurred that led to today's low in the share price. Today's action has the appearance of a coordinated bear attack. As it subsides, an opportunity may arise.

That unverified Benzinga headline came out at 2:21 pm EDT, and was immediately repeated by TD Ameritrade. That is the same time as the final punch occurred that led to today's low in the share price. Today's action has the appearance of a coordinated bear attack. As it subsides, an opportunity may arise.

Is this not the source/info?

Here is commentary from the Barclays analyst. Doesn't sound bearish to me... I think today was a bunch of shorts trying to make something out of the crashes and inflammatory headlines that followed.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...SLA),+Says+Barclays/9641997.html?si_client=st

One more thing: Wait time on Tesla website says "October" for S60s and S85s. Thats 3-4 months.... looks like increased demand to me. If I remember correctly, used to be 2-3 months.

One more thing: Wait time on Tesla website says "October" for S60s and S85s. Thats 3-4 months.... looks like increased demand to me. If I remember correctly, used to be 2-3 months

Another explanation could be the impending plant shut down and trying to meet China demand. Until TM decides to release monthly production numbers (may never happen) it is very difficult for us longs to extrapolate positive news as we suggest that bears are being unfair pointing to lowering demand by shorter waiting times in various markets.

Thanks, Robert. That very recent article in TheStreet came out during or after my earlier posts. It indeed seems rather benign and nothing like Benzinga was trying to imply. Nevertheless, the hedge fund bots apparently picked up on Benzinga, and earlier may have taken advantage of emotional reactions to the crash reports from July 4. Opportunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.