Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should come as no surprise that Seekingalpha was the first one to write about this. Takes a special lack of integrity to make vague pessimistic assumptions based on one slide from a very bullish presentation.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence this nonsense was published when Tesla was about 10 cents from breaking through $265. Then again, it's always possible this was a bear trap. I'm sure many traders went short when Tesla broke $260.

Last edited:
- Model 3 will reach full production in 2018

Called it. I had a feeling that was what they were trying to imply with the slide. Sadly most people don't understand this. There was a lot of back and forth on the Model X dates for that reason too. Because Tesla would switch between stating that production would start on one date and that volume sales would come on another, later, date.

All of this isn't really surprising to me though, I am glad over all, we are getting our pullback that was needed in order to justify going higher because frankly, we broke through 260 far too easily and just stayed there.

What is really intriguing to me is that here we seem to have even more volume today trying to drag us down vice what we saw last Wed when we shot up.... and yet, we at most hit 258 today, and are currently floating on the 259/260 mark. I would buy now, as we all can see that the "news" is just an attention grabber, and is a weak sell off (even though people are really piling on to try). I don't expect it to actually go down to 255 and hold... so this might be the last buying opportunity at this level before we go higher toward 290.

Keep in mind July 1-3 we will get the Q2 numbers, Later in July we will get the design studio, August Q2 results, then deliveries in Sept (maybe a reveal shortly before that), and first stationary storage deliveries happening sometime later this year as well. If all they have for ammo is a single slide which has now been refuted by multiple people in the company, and we are still holding the ~260 level??? It is going to take a lot more than this to drag us down.

I agree with mrdoubleb here. Tm is a public company with a PR/IR department that needs to have some input on how/what information is released and be very proactive if there is some deliberatly distorting of the information they do put out with a quick response.

- - - Updated - - -

As to the price drop this AM: It does appear to be the FUD around the M3 release. I also saw this latest/greatest battery article come out about 7:30am EST and wondered if this affected it as well: http://fortune.com/2015/06/22/battery-tesla-challenger/?xid=yahoo_fortune

This is kind of interesting look at the NHTSA and the F-word...

This Is What The U.S. Auto Industry Calls A

Also a good read:
Solar Power for Everyone - The New Yorker

A week after the battery launch, Musk described demand for the batteries as “just nutty” and “off the hook.” His company had already sold all the batteries it could make through the middle of next year and was discussing expanding its giant new factory, in Nevada, even before construction was completed. The day after Tesla’s launch, Solar City announced that, beginning in 2016, it will routinely package Musk’s new batteries with its panels in some markets. If utilities won’t relent and embrace innovation, homes and businesses will soon be able to circumvent them altogether. The threat is real enough that it might actually soften the attitude of even recalcitrant utility executives.

Last edited:
Gov. Ige Invited to "Powering Cities" D.C. Forum | Big Island Now

In addition to Governor Ige, some major speakers include: Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton; Thomas Fanning, chairman, president and chief executive, Southern Company; former Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour; Carol Browner, former administrator, Environmental Protection Agency; Austin Blackmon, chief of environment, energy and open space, City of Boston; Diarmuid O’Connell, vice president, business development, Tesla; Kate Burson, chief of staff to the chairman of energy and finance, New York State.

Ok, all right;)

BTW great TMC thread about that topic, thanks for the hint!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, added to my shares, bought some March 2016 $200 calls.
Yea!

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you get those?

My broker (IB) only shows JAN 15'16, the next expiration being JAN 20'17.

I use an online brokerage account at ING DiBa that is registered in Germany.
There are a lot of call and put options like the one I bought yesterday (link):
Type: Call
Strike: 200.00 USD
Last Exchange Trading Day: 15/03/2016
Settlement method - Physical delivery: No
Type of Exercise: American style
Currency: Euro

Last edited:
While SP moved up right after the open today, there was some strange short and strong selling pressure after about 15mins after market open.
Looks like now SP movement resumes to the upside...

Update:
Some discussion in the media today about Tesla Motors global deliveries target for 2020 of 500000 vehicles and that this global delivery target seems to be more and more possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.