Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tesla's only problem is needing a few billion in capital to invest in ramping up production to make it possible for Tesla to produce 1 million vehicles annually, Tesla doesn't have a problem. There are many funds and billionaires with the capital necessary to invest in worthy projects. At the investor meeting, two people basically asked how they could buy a Gigafactory.

One of the reasons many big companies are investing heavily in but backs is due to there being a limit on how much money a company can rationally invest. This is why I have a feeling many big companies and governments, especially Apple, are secretly planning to invest in factories and a supply chain for Tesla.

I vaguely recall someone a while back saying they would buy Tesla's entire 2020 production if they could.

There are more than 1500 Billionares in the world.

Last edited:
As we all knew, but very nice to see this mentioned by someone who cares (Elon Musk on Twitter):
Elon MuskVerifizierter Account ‏@elonmusk
Tesla Model S has highest value retention after three years
http://img03.en25.com/Web/NADAUCG/%7B413f55a5-807f-4b2e-8310-48cd4aeb40da%7D_April_2015_NADA_Perspective.pdf …

08:15 - 23. Juni 2015

Update (Elon Musk on Twitter):
Elon MuskVerifizierter Account ‏@elonmusk
Important to note that Model S resale value is also higher than that of gasoline cars
08:20 - 23. Juni 2015

Last edited:
Elon just tweeted:
Elon Musk on Twitter:

"Tesla Model S has highest value retention after three years "

To my opinion this is a confirmation of the strongest demand for an EV on the market of USA of any manufacturer out there.
In fact this is not really new information and no one trick pony but this is a hat-trick over all three years mentioned in the report.
Congrats, Tesla Motors team!

Yes... I'd like to ask that chappie who kept tweeting and blogging about the softening of demand for Model S, like around 6 months ago... what he now thinks about demand.

TSLA is at a 9-month high at the moment... and only $26 off the all-time high.

Resistance at $266 ?

Yeah, looks like resistance in the 265-266 level, in fairness this is where we *tried* to open yesterday before the FUD about Model 3 delays started going around.

I vaguely recall someone a while back saying they would buy Tesla's entire 2020 production if they could.

fwiw, from a Forbes article last month, referring to venture capitalist and Tesla board member Steve Jurvetson,

"Jurvetson said Uber CEO Travis Kalanick told him that if Tesla cars are autonomous by 2020, Kalanick wants to buy all 500,000 that are expected to be produced."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kathleenchaykowski/2015/05/22/five-top-vcs-predict-the-future/

fwiw, from a Forbes article last month, referring to venture capitalist and Tesla board member Steve Jurvetson,

"Jurvetson said Uber CEO Travis Kalanick told him that if Tesla cars are autonomous by 2020, Kalanick wants to buy all 500,000 that are expected to be produced."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kathleenchaykowski/2015/05/22/five-top-vcs-predict-the-future/

Now, that's some CEO optimism right there!

Yeah, looks like resistance in the 265-266 level, in fairness this is where we *tried* to open yesterday before the FUD about Model 3 delays started going around.
Well, in little over a week we'll get the q2 delivery numbers and if that goes the way we expect it to go, that should lock us above 265. Then comes the X studio, the ER and the X deliveries. This shoud be fun. :)

Well, in little over a week we'll get the q2 delivery numbers and if that goes the way we expect it to go, that should lock us above 265. Then comes the X studio, the ER and the X deliveries. This shoud be fun. :)

Which is why I fully anticipate (and have set myself up) for a continued rise over the coming weeks/months. There is seriously nothing but expected positives on the horizon for the stock. This may pan out to be the longest lasting run up in the history of the stock (thus far) if things line up the way we think it will. Which will make up for the extended decline we experienced from Sept of last year up through the end of March. If we get a nice long 6 months of bull season before we hit another pull back cycle I will be one happy investor :D

And with what is expected, we should have a solid 3 months of positive things. What I am guessing will happen, we will keep going up through the ATH, maybe break 300, maybe not... something will happen that will pull us back into the 250s-260s (maybe some rocky Model X rollout? nothing super serious, but enough to cause some investor worry, so we can have a healthy pullback), and then reset and shoot off into the 300s permanently. I will be happy if we don't see a pullback, but we haven't really had one yet... they have mostly been consolidations... yesterday was the first real attempt to have a pullback in a while, and that didn't go anywhere and was pretty much recovered within the trading session...

In the meantime I am all setup and planning for the 290 mark, because I don't see us going back into the 250s any time soon, just based on the overall sentiment right now.

All this movement without short covering is very interesting. Short interest is near an all time high. Aside from being a bit nervous about the broad market, anything could happen. I think the next technical resistance is the top of the channel around $275.

I think analysts are beginning to piece together what Tesla's revenue and profit will be in 2017, and 2018, but are keeping quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.