Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gracious, who in his or her right mind would divulge how much stock owned? I wouldn't answer even within an order of magnitude.

The poll doesn't need to and probably wouldn't involve asking how many shares a person owns. Only a range. My guess is that a significant number of people who own a Model S own more than 100 shares.

1) 100-500 shares
2) 500-1000 shares
3) 1000-3000
4) 3000 - 5000
5) 5000 +

Last edited:
choose your own size grain of salt, but an interesting post from Gwgan in the Model X subforum,

"Received a call with offer to upgrade. No MyTesla button because of "limited numbers". I know that's lousy intel but that's all I got,—except they did say configuration "mid July". :smile: isn't the half of it."

by upgrade Gwgan was referring to turning a regular production reservation into a Signature reservation.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/37296-Upgrade-Button-is-Back/page3

choose your own size grain of salt, but an interesting post from Gwgan in the Model X subforum,

"Received a call with offer to upgrade. No MyTesla button because of "limited numbers". I know that's lousy intel but that's all I got,—except they did say configuration "mid July". :smile: isn't the half of it."

by upgrade Gwgan was referring to turning a regular production reservation into a Signature reservation.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/37296-Upgrade-Button-is-Back/page3

"mid July" is only a slight delay from Early July:

Ben J. Kallo - Robert W. Baird & Co., Inc. (Broker)
Yes, a quick one. Just on the Model X, when we could see that?
Jeffrey K. Evanson - Vice President-Investor Relations
Elon, do you want to talk about Model X? We've had a number of questions from investors and Ben's question here about when you'll be able to configure Model X online, when we'll show that to the public, how that will actually deploy?
Elon Reeve Musk - Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Yes. Probably three months from now, (1:14:44) May, so it's like – this is early July is when we'll ask people to do the configuration. And it would be very similar to the S, like it's not going to be super – there's no big surprises there. It's very similar to the S. And, yes, and we certainly have a lot of customers who've been waiting a long time. So they will probably (1:15:13).

"mid July" is only a slight delay from Early July:

In my view 32no, there's been enough speculation that Elon's comments at the Annual Meeting signaled that the path to Model X deliveries was still an open-ended process that any sign that Tesla has moved development of the production X to a phase that allows for September or October deliveries is a positive (yes, I realize October is later than recent guidance, but I think the bearish case re X is ~"does anyone even know when we will see the X?" not "will the X come two or three weeks later than the most recent guidance?").

If this poll doesn't exist, it should.

Do you own a Model S? Yes or No.
If yes, do you own Tesla stock?
If no, do you own Tesla stock?
If you own a Tesla and own Tesla stock, how much stock do you own?
If you don't own a Tesla, but own stock, how much stock do you own?

I would boil that down to two questions:
1) Do you own a Model S?
2) How much stock do you own (number of shares)? Can be zero.

Then you would still have two polls and no way to make sure people answer both and no way to correlate them if anonymous.
So I´d combine the answers into one poll, only doubles the number ("I do own a Model S and 100-199 shares" etc.)

aren't the polls here anonymous?

You have the choice of making the participants´ nicknames public or not. However, as far as I know the moderators can see them anyway, which wouldn´t bother me though. Also, most people don´t give away their real identities.

I've made the poll here.

The chart summary below should be automatically updated:
pubchart?oid=1169875189&format=image.png

You can view the list of all submitted responses here.

Last edited:
The poll doesn't need to and probably wouldn't involve asking how many shares a person owns. Only a range. My guess is that a significant number of people who own a Model S own more than 100 shares.

1) 100-500 shares
2) 500-1000 shares
3) 1000-3000
4) 3000 - 5000
5) 5000 +
Ugh, can we get a category for those of us who don't have a ton yet and are just trying to build build build? 14 shares and counting, trying to figure out the best way to use options to leverage myself into at least 100 shares by the end of the year.

Ugh, can we get a category for those of us who don't have a ton yet and are just trying to build build build? 14 shares and counting, trying to figure out the best way to use options to leverage myself into at least 100 shares by the end of the year.
On a somewhat related note, while this isn't a short term question, how much of a pullback in TSLA do people think we would expect if the market as a whole had a ~10-20% pullback or some other such downturn due to macro conditions. Wondering how much value the next crash would help me capture, and I don't have experience paying attention to any of the last ones.

Still pissed at myself for not following through on my plans at TSLA @ $37 lol

1) 100-500 shares
2) 500-1000 shares
3) 1000-3000
4) 3000 - 5000
5) 5000 +

Something fun, your share of revenue:

revenue share.png

Based off the current 126.4mm shares outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.