Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inside EV's is reporting April - 1,700, May - 2,400 and June - 2,800 in the U.S.

Monthly Plug-In Sales Scorecard

Of note:
That being said, we figure Tesla sold a substantial 2,800 copies of the Model S in North America for June. Bringing the quarterly total here to about 6,900 units. Heading into April, Tesla put sales guidance of 10,000 to 11,000 EVs sold overall for the 2nd quarter.
As best we can calculate from registrations, no more than 2,100 plug-in sedans at best were sold in Europe through April and May; but from what we can tell the company did a rare “Euro-push” in the last couple days of June to easily beat previous efforts and topple the low end of its guidance target. On top of these sales of course is the numbers from Asia, unfortunately those reports have been fairly unreliable; we do however feel they are fairly insignificant in Q2 – perhaps between 500 and 1,000 units.

We aren’t really in the predicting business, but if we were, we think Tesla edged out guidance in Q2 easily by more than a few hundred units.

So, this is what we have:

6900 - US (Inside EV was the most accurate last Q)
1882 - EU (Apr - May)
920 - EU (June - Norway - surprisingly lower number, Austria, Netherlands)
1000 - Asia (lowball prediction)

We're at 10702 with other EU numbers yet to report. I think Tesla will beat guidance of 10-11K. It won't be a HUGE beat though. That's how I am playing next 10 days.

So, this is what we have:

6900 - US (Inside EV was the most accurate last Q)
1882 - EU (Apr - May)
920 - EU (June - Norway - surprisingly lower number, Austria, Netherlands)
1000 - Asia (lowball prediction)

We're at 10702 with other EU numbers yet to report. I think Tesla will beat guidance of 10-11K. It won't be a HUGE beat though. That's how I am playing next 10 days.

Does Inside EV report U.S. or North America? I remember a debate about that but can't remember the conclusion. If they are only reporting U.S. then there would be more upside that's not included in your numbers. Either way it looks like we should be higher than the mid-point of guidance pretty easily.

Here's my math:

North America: 6,900 (Inside EV's)
Europe: (818 April / 1064 May / 1500 June from Europe 2015 spreadsheet on TMC) 3,382
Asia: 1,000
ROW: 0 - 500
Total 11,200 - 11,500. Handily beat guidance of 10,500.

While the other numbers are, 1500 June for Europe is not on the spreadsheet I know...
1062 at the moment (only 4 countries reported though). So 1500 is your estimate, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.