Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone either opened some big shorts or sold a ton of shares. Or combination of course.

It is likely that some people who had been underwater on Tesla since the fall from the ATH are looking to just close out the position and call it quits. Hitting 280 might have been a happy point for them. It might also be that there are companies/people who were looking for a certain amount of return, they got that, and now are dumping out. I mean we have gone up from the local low of 181... that is over a 50% return on the investment if you bought way down there. Not bad for ~6 months. I would be balancing out my position too if I actually cared about being diversified lol...

Amateur hour is about to end with us almost hitting our average daily volume of 3M shares. So assuming that there is still legs on this we might see people forced to make some tough decisions with their short positions. At this point I don't know if the price is up quite high enough still to see it go crazy (2.5%). Here is hoping!

I smartly pulled out of most of my stuff in the early hours though as a safety, and left so "free tickets" to ride out if it goes somewhere by this afternoon. If not then oh well and today will have still been a great day :D

Amateur hour is about to end with us almost hitting our average daily volume of 3M shares. So assuming that there is still legs on this we might see people forced to make some tough decisions with their short positions. At this point I don't know if the price is up quite high enough still to see it go crazy (2.5%). Here is hoping!

I smartly pulled out of most of my stuff in the early hours though as a safety, and left so "free tickets" to ride out if it goes somewhere by this afternoon. If not then oh well and today will have still been a great day :D

Sorry, I only see just above 2M shares just now on Nasdaq real-time page.
Managed to get on the phone to my bank while it was open, for a couple small sell orders before the 34th of July holiday but they haven't executed. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.