Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just looking at my vision of the future..... When every celebrity pulls up to the Oscars or Tonys, (insert a national event) in a Model X. As their car arrives....... The Falcon Wings Deploy! That STAR will be framed most Beautifully! Everyone will want to know, what is this car, why don't I know about it? You mean I can Buy it! My Fidelity account will have a TSLAgasam! Thanks for all the TSLA Longs for holding my hand along the way! :smile:

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that they're 'still' road testing. First, they certainly won't stop when the X starts shipping. Second, we don't know what they're testing. Maybe it's parts that would delay production, but maybe it's just software.

I'm just looking at my vision of the future..... When every celebrity pulls up to the Oscars or Tonys, (insert a national event) in a Model X. As their car arrives....... The Falcon Wings Deploy! That STAR will be framed most Beautifully! Everyone will want to know, what is this car, why don't I know about it? You mean I can Buy it! My Fidelity account will have a TSLAgasam! Thanks for all the TSLA Longs for holding my hand along the way! :smile:

The falcon doors should have spot lights that shine down on its owner within the range so every owner can feel like a star.

Folks, I really don't know about yous' guys, but I don't care what reality trip you think your on! I'm sadly cashing out at $149.28 per share of TSLA in 2029 after it has split X4 times and by the way Dividends!. Well I wish you all well back there in 2015. Feel free to write! Cheers!:smile:

That does make sense, thanks.

I still think it would be a bad idea for Tesla, I can't see Apple really embracing the open ended-ness of the Tesla vision. The cash would certainly be nice though.
Indeed walled garden opacity of apple isn't compatible with Elon's style of open source and patent sharing.

Google, however makes a ton of sense given their openness and more compatible appetite for risk.

I think the MX ramp will be faster and smoother than most people expect. MX is their second production launch. I expect that they will have learned a lot about avoiding most of the mistakes they made with the MS launch. That is normally to be expected when anyone repeats a complex task the second time and they are a group of unusually smart and capable people.

+1

I'm confident that after the handcrafting late September and some exercising in the first weeks in October, they can ramp up production pretty fast in November to about 300 cars a week and to 600 cars a week in December. That's about 4,000 X in 2015. There's no reason they wouldn't be able to make about 80-100 cars per day after two months of figuring out the details of mass-producing it.

I agree the X production ramp will be quicker than the S. They have more experience, manpower and the lines are in places. Elon talked in great lengths about this in the last call, basically saying that they will definitely ramp quicker but he was unsure whether the ramp curve would form in time so that the area under the curve (production volume) would be good enough to reach guidance for the full year 2015 or not. The way I understood him was that if they didn't this would occur January/February. In other words if you are myopic (like Wall Street) this could be a huge deal (missing guidance for 2015) but if you are an investor it's no biggie (who cares that the new year starts Jan 1st anyway?). Also they might be able to make up for it with Model Ss, so long as you don't believe the bear case (demand problems).

I stand by my prediction in the 2015 prediction thread (5000 Model X produced in 2015).

Peace.

[...]the bear case (demand problems).

There's also a more balanced / moderate case out there, implicitly talking about "peak demand" in that segment for the Model S. Peak demand around 50,000 cars p.a. for a car with an ASP of $100k wouldn't surprise me in the current state of things around the world. And it'd be in the same ballpark of current world-wide sales of similarly priced luxury sedans with ICEs. But of course, as has been stated on TMC quite often, Tesla Model S is a very special $100k luxury sedan which often finds buyers who'd normally never consider spending that much money on a car.

In any case, the potential deliveries miss/peak demand topic will continue to feed the bears until ER, I think. But I agree that for long-term investors the ups and downs of TSLA in the weeks ahead is essentially just unimportant noise. :)

There's also a more balanced / moderate case out there, implicitly talking about "peak demand" in that segment for the Model S. Peak demand around 50,000 cars p.a. for a car with an ASP of $100k wouldn't surprise me in the current state of things around the world. And it'd be in the same ballpark of current world-wide sales of similarly priced luxury sedans with ICEs. But of course, as has been stated on TMC quite often, Tesla Model S is a very special $100k luxury sedan which often finds buyers who'd normally never consider spending that much money on a car.

In any case, the potential deliveries miss/peak demand topic will continue to feed the bears until ER, I think. But I agree that for long-term investors the ups and downs of TSLA in the weeks ahead is essentially just unimportant noise. :)

If you're to believe Forbes, just open operations in Russia and there's demand for another year. For example.

Rich Russians Are Begging Elon Musk to Sell Them Teslas - Bloomberg Business

If you're to believe Forbes, just open operations in Russia and there's demand for another year. For example.

Rich Russians Are Begging Elon Musk to Sell Them Teslas - Bloomberg Business

agreed. That's why I said "in the current state of things around the world" (tensions with Russia, including sanctions against it due to war with Ukraine (which is, to me, the big part of the explanation why Tesla is refusing to expand to Russia), continuing austerity policies in Europe, relatively cheap oil, other international issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.