Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The SP movement of the stock since earnings is exactly why I waited to add to my position, good time to load up for those of you with some spare cash.

I decided it was time to start an ignore list, welcome aboard Calgary and Electracity. I'll repeat what was said a few pages back, do us a favor and don't quote them if possible.

This is looking tastier and tastier for adding to my holdings.

I just bought a decent chunk of Tesla Motors, Inc to add to my collection. The recent FUD article blitz that has no basis in fundamentals + trolls showing up on TMC in force tells me that this is a dip with no substance.

The earnings call assuaged all of my fears, and my thesis remains sound until/unless something material changes.

The recent video of the tesla manufacturing plant makes me drool,
i am not at all a manufacturing person, but this thing is a work of genius.
The machines that make the machines .....

... Are all powered by ... Fukuda!

;)

Seriously, I agree, nothing at all has changed yet here we are, negative articles abound, lots of fudding on the forum, time to buy if one wants to increase one's core position.

This whole period Q3, Q4 is one big lull. One big low point to buy. Hard to pick the bottom, but in the end it won't matter much if you got $210 or $220 per share. Even if nothing else changed, we have been wandering in a range of 180 to 280. I don't think, unlike some fuzzies, that we will revisit 180-- there is just too much more value added. But, there is a raft of positives that will hit Q2 (maybe Q1). This is one of those *super obvious in hindsight* buying opportunities. When those buying opportunites are playing out live, mood is dour, Bears are dancing, everyone is picking on us, reports are negative, clickbait is mean, analysts are mean, people steal your lunch money. It is easy to justify selling out and focusing your attention on something else. Now is the time to buy. When everyone is happy, analysts are nice, Bears are quiet, the press is nice... now that is the time to worry.

If anyone has Janet Yellen on speed-dial, please have her tell her fed officials to stop making market-spooking statements.
They've inflicted enough damage already this week.

TIA
Without getting political, if the market needs the Fed to keep rates at zero so the market can maintain these levels, then we really don't have a real market do we?

The Fed has to raise rates at some point so all you're asking for is to postpone the inevitable.

Today, I received the first substantive news from Tesla about my reservation in more than two years. (I hold reservation #5xxx.) In response to my email to Tesla regarding the charging capacity of the Model X, I received a telephone call from Tesla. I was informed that I would be asked to configure by the end of the year and that a vehicle would be available for me to test drive in Florida prior to that time. "Production" models are expected to actually start to be produced starting in January 2016.

It’s hard to take Tesla's stated time line seriously, but they have now created some real expectations for me. I have some concerns about the windshield, doors, seats, etc. so I’m anxious to get some actual exposure to a Model X.
Mildly encouraging.

It's a good price to buy today but I'm afraid even better pricing is early next week.

I just bought a decent chunk of Tesla Motors, Inc to add to my collection. The recent FUD article blitz that has no basis in fundamentals + trolls showing up on TMC in force tells me that this is a dip with no substance.

The earnings call assuaged all of my fears, and my thesis remains sound until/unless something material changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.