Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. +10
A lot of people here can't seem to give maoing a break. I've seen some of the older posts that people seem to dislike him for, but honestly, mao is a pretty reasonable guy with good insights and a skeptic mind. He is long tesla and wants their success but he is also an intelligent investor and he is looking for arguments against his investment. It's a smart, defensive thing that all investors should be doing. I think mao brings a lot of value to this place, honestly his "bear arguments" if you can even call his brainstorms that, are the most reasonable I have seen. It's not like he's coming over here spouting ignorant BS like a seeking alpha or profit confidential blog poster for goodness sakes.

Cut this guy some slack he's on the same team, and if no one ever brought up POTENTIAL negatives, we would all be worse off if one of them ended up being correct and true. It's not like he was wrong on a slower than predicted model X ramp months ago when he was saying things seemed to point to it. Don't make this investment an emotional one where anyone who even suggests something negative is the enemy, Telsa has and will continue to make several mistakes along the path to greatness they are following, it's in their DNA.

I don't actually think this is happening in this case (the move is too large and built on actual likely catalysts), but we should all probably keep in mind the possibility of a large buy the rumor, sell the news type effect happening right now when making our investment decisions.
In this case, I think the rumor is actually more negative that what I think the real news and numbers will be. I am privately hopeful for a small down reaction from bots and other investors to provide me extra profit on another buy, I just don't actually see that happening this time.

For the record, long and strong, just bought more shares pure open Monday (I LOVE buying during amateur hour, lots of great prices)

Yes. Very good momentum and I do believe this signifies a break out. We need 17k plus to really start a significant squeeze. Hope you are all positioned nicely if this happens.

When the volume dies down, I'm skeptical that we keep this level. The forces of manipulation would not like TSLA this high right now, so I suspect the remainder of today and tomorrow could see a slump back downward. Although I am still strongly bullish I sold one of my calls at ~242 in anticipation of a pullback this week and/or a hedge against a disappointing delivery report on Monday.

When the volume dies down, I'm skeptical that we keep this level. The forces of manipulation would not like TSLA this high right now, so I suspect the remainder of today and tomorrow could see a slump back downward. Although I am still strongly bullish I sold one of my calls at ~242 in anticipation of a pullback this week and/or a hedge against a disappointing delivery report on Monday.
certainly a possibility and never hurts to take a profit. I have toyed with selling enough of my Jan calls to break even and let the rest ride to see what happens.

certainly a possibility and never hurts to take a profit. I have toyed with selling enough of my Jan calls to break even and let the rest ride to see what happens.

That's what I did. Makes your decisions easy after that. Arbitrage your position and then just hold until expiration.

Yes. Done. I may sacrifice some upside but that is OK. I usually have more trouble picking a 'sell' point than a 'buy' one.

Nah, there will be a final run up in the last hour today. Unless market falls apart

I have this hunch we will see a crude oil bounceback overnight, and tomorrow AM will be a buy the dip fest in US equities on last trading day of 2015, plus people loading up on TSLA to cash in on delivery news next week. We shall see. Interesting price action to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.