Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going the distance. He's going for speed. She's all alone, all alone in her time of need. Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course, he's fighting and biting and riding on his horse. He's going the distance.

Going the Distance - Cake [Lyrics] - YouTube

Okay jhm, you just quoted my favorite song. Saw them last year....they were awesome. You officially rock.

- If we get rid of gas, we will also get rid of gas tax revenue.

Don't know about CA, but here in WA, the EV's are levied $100 (soon to be $150) per year road use tax: New Washington State Budget raising EV tab fee from $100/yr to $150/yr to replace the lost gas tax revenue. While we can debate the fairness of the amount of tax, the fact that we're charged differently seems fair to me.

Combined with higher RTA tax due to higher average value of ModelS compared to an average car on the road (the RTA tax in WA is charged at .3% of the value of the vehicle as determined by the legislature, annually), we end up paying $500+ in car tabs per year. This is significantly more than what an average ICE contributes to the road fund in our state.

It feels to me that TSLA is in a holding pattern waiting for the next big news. If the ER is just "everything is going according to plan," which I expect, then I expect that holding pattern to continue until we get that news.

I agree, seems today everyone is sitting on the side lines, very low trading volume. I chickened out and just sold half of my short term contracts at break-even (thanks to the little bump we got today!). Now I have some cash to take advantage in case we will see an after-hours dip tomorrow, while still holding enough contracts to profit nicely from a post ER run-up.

What on Earth is up with the crazy gyrations!

RT

TSLA express - hang on & keep smiling

millenniumforce02wide.jpg

The 52.6% fuel cell prediction for 2050 shows you where CARB's thinking is. They are not our friends, they are just as deluded as ICE manufacturers. They will suck money from EV projects and waste it on fuel cells...
You mean like the $200 Million they will spend on 20 Hydrogen fueling stations that will service the approx. 71 Hyundai Tucsons and the "Hundreds(!)" of Mirai abominations. $200 million would buy a boat load of Superchargers. Not sure why California is paying for the Hydrogen infrastructure for Toyota et al, when the State's only auto company pays for its own infrastructure??

I disagree wholeheartedly with the sentiment and conclusion reached by this article.

My contention can be summed up by examining the following excerpt, meant to summarize the root cause:
In other words, great leaders rely on the resources and opportunities available to them, which means they do not shape history as much as they are molded by the moments in which they live.

This implies that the approaches to engineering and business innovation is simply inevitable, and engineers and businessmen were being guided along towards these completely new approaches and developments in transportation, access to space and clean energy. Somehow it was just Elon Musk that ended up in the front of the line. This is simply ridiculous. The sheer force of vision, approach then will to drive relentlessly towards the vision is "arguably" (the strongest argument put forth in the article) unique to Elon, as evidenced by the utter lack of similar approaches in the marketplace.

The article also sides with the LA Times with the position that Tesla received $1.29B in tax subsidies from Nevada, and other lopsided and biased perspectives on "government assistance".

The article ends with a few silly rhetorical questions, such as:
Why should governments do the hard work of fixing and expanding California’s mass transit system when Musk says we could zip people across the state at 760 miles per hour in a “hyperloop”?
Answer? Exactly.
I could go on, but I feel like I'd be preaching to the choir. Thanks for the link. Always good to kee
p tabs on the ... uninformed.

- - - Updated - - -

Below is a link to today’s Wall Street Journal article about a Tesla executive at a Michigan conference complaining about other automakers making electric cars that are not compelling and strictly for regulatory compliance.

Tesla Executive Presses Auto Makers on Electrification

Thanks Curt.

Embedded in this quote is the singular misunderstanding (willful or negligent) of the path the company is on:
despite founder Elon Musks guidance earlier this year that the company likely won’t be profitable until 2020.

Insert the words "DUE TO".
smh

This is unbelievably important. I always correct people when they refer to Tesla's accomplishments as things that "he" is doing. Tesla is not a he, Tesla is a company. Elon is not accomplishing these things, Tesla is. And Tesla is standing on the shoulders of all of humanity's previous accomplishments.

everman said:
Always good to keep tabs on the ... uninformed.

To think that all of Tesla's accomplishments are down to the efforts of exactly one person is incredibly uninformed.

Last edited:

Its telling when they interview some couple out in the middle of nowhere Wyoming with lead acid batteries and don't even consider the multitude of people with tesla energy storage set ups all around California in addition to the many utitliy level requests for powerpack right now. Dare I mention the 11 WALMART tesla energy storage through Solarcity demand logic product in use as I write this? I wonder which charitable trust donated to this NPR segment?

Last edited:
Its telling when they interview some couple out in the middle of nowhere Wyoming with lead acid batteries and don't even consider the multitude of people with tesla energy storage set ups all around California in addition to the many utitliy level requests for powerpack right now. I wonder which charitable trust donated to this NPR segment?

And on top of that almost no solar installers are installing flooded lead acid anymore. The technology is massively dated, and that is not even comparing it to lithium technologies.

This is unbelievably important. I always correct people when they refer to Tesla's accomplishments as things that "he" is doing. Tesla is not a he, Tesla is a company. Elon is not accomplishing these things, Tesla is. And Tesla is standing on the shoulders of all of humanity's previous accomplishments.

To think that all of Tesla's accomplishments are down to the efforts of exactly one person is incredibly uninformed.

Of course that's not what everman was saying. The fact is that all previous accomplishments are available for all companies to "stand on", but Musk is clearly a driving force for change, unlike any of the other automotive CEO's.

Back to short term TSLA Q2ER/CC: It has been very interesting recently watching the gyrations AH of some stock prices after ER, and then the CC. I suspect we might see that with TSLA tomorow. The bots may be set up for initiating some price depression based on 'earnings' while the CC may send it up if positive info comes out about the Gfactory, increasing demand, stationary storage, the model X and reaffirming delivery guidance. It may or may not be fun but it will be interesting.

In New Mexico, pickup trucks (next to Subaru AWDs) are everywhere. Many are 40+ yrs old, belching out nasty smoke.

I would so love to see Tesla come out with a F150 / Tundra equivalent with a 100+ kWh battery and 250mi range and affordable price. Goodbye Detroit when that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.