Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The unicorns have left the barn. They will run for a bit in the Sugarplum Forest and eventually return. When? Who's to say? Robert might know.

Someone was asking for it a few days back... so I'll post it again here.

THIS is what we are looking for in the Short term thread.

tsla_ta.jpg

The web site was down and now it's up again. I have a theory, completely unsubstantiated. Musk has stated that he won't reveal all the new features of the X until the first deliveries. But at the same time it's pretty hard to deliver cars that haven't been configured. So my theory is that the configurator page is now there, but access controlled depending on who is logged in. Bonnie probably can neither confirm nor deny this. :)
I suspect you may want to watch Steven Colbert next wednesdat night (11:30 EST) when Musk is interviewed about SpaceX and Tesla (and a shoutout for the movie "The Martian" from me)(the rocket sure looks a lot like a Falcon and the crew capsule looks a lot like a dragon capsule from the teasers)

I had a feeling last Friday that this week would be a bounce back up into the green for the overall market. I've noticed often times around monthly options expiration, the week before and the week after are often opposite of each other (eg. last week was a big sell-off, this week a big bounce/buying up).

(and a shoutout for the movie "The Martian" from me)(the rocket sure looks a lot like a Falcon and the crew capsule looks a lot like a dragon capsule from the teasers)

The rocket at 1:16 in the teaser is actually an Atlas V (which is very unrealistic because it will be phased out in the fairly near future, long before the events in the movie take place), so sadly no free Musk publicity unless there are other rocket clips in there too somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
up to 244 now any news?

Today "Consumer Reports" published its review of the Tesla Model S P85D. They say it's the best car they ever tested and the only one ever rated 100. To actually accommodate the extraordinary features of the car, they say they would have to expand their 100-point rating system to give it a 103.

1.7-Minute Review:

<span style="color:black">

Last edited by a moderator:
Several videos from CR out on their "milestone" report (as they put it) on the P85D

One and a half minute video about breaking the rating system, setting new benchmarks:

Tesla P85D Broke Consumer Reports Rating System | Consumer Reports - YouTube

Eight minute video about road test results (the road test content and video are core content subscribers look at when comparing cars)

Gallery

Finally, if you want to soak it all in, Consumer Reports did an extra episode of their normally biweekly show "Talking Cars" to devote 25 minutes to a discussion of the P85D with 3 members of their automotive testing department. Have to imagine in 25 minutes they will have much to say about the historical context of the car. Okay... that's it for me for next 25 minutes : )

Talking Cars with Consumer Reports #76: Tesla Model S P85D: Final Test Results - YouTube

It seems like tsla and scty are tied to oil prices lately. The index I'm watching has oil up 9% today.

Yes. We have some good tailwinds..about time. The action makes me feel that we are starting to see a small squeeze forming. It will be interesting to see how we finish today. Do we get a series of information coming out of TM over the next few days that pushes us further up and starts a bigger squeeze? Let us hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.