Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This diesel gate will have enormous long term consequences and not only for VAG. Here in Belgium, and as in many neighboring countries, diesel is supported and promoted with less tax (it's only just over 1€/liter here, while Super 98 is 1,40 roughly) and by only taking into account when collecting the different taxes that the road user is plagued with the amount of CO2 per km. Based on the published datas. Of course manufacturers fine tune their cars when passing the Euro test pattern for consumption. There is no cheating as such (ok now we can have our doubts...) but the numbers are really hard to duplicate in real life. They have to be taken more like a benchmark between models, than figures you can count on.
This might change as well.
And this diesel gate is the perfect excuse to finish with this tax break given to diesel users...

And to come to short term TSLA price movement, 260 seems to be acting as a good support. Was expecting one of those horrible -5% day...

And by the way, I use Yahoo for intraday chart, but am I the only not to have any intraday information since a week or so?

Edit: I guess it's not a support eventually...

Last edited:
Headlines ought to read "Market down as German auto makers slide". A lot of investors have direct or indirect exposure to German automakers.

The only way I see Germany fixing this problem is if Germany or German automakers invest in or work with Tesla. Tesla is the only company that would have a reason to hire tens or hundreds of thousands of employees. If only someone were to loan, give, or invest around $50 billion into a company that's only problem is not having $50 billion to invest in speeding things up. :smile:

September 24th - Elon Musk is speaking at a BMW event in Berlin, with Sigmar Gabriel (German Minister for Economic Affairs, and Energy) Wirtschaft für morgen

September 25th - Rumor has it Elon Musk will be speaking at Teslaworld in Belgium.

September 26th - Elon Musk will meet with India's prime minister, Narenda Modi.

September 26th - New information about a Massachussets Carbon tax.

Thanks for the schedule, drinkerofkoolaid.
I would only like to add that Tilburg factory opening is this Friday, I would EM expect to join that event, he is currently in Europe. Here is the invitation for that event:
2015-09-18-Tilburg-NewPlant.JPG

BTW my expectations for today:
Lunch time reversal and close above $260.

Last edited:
Finally some slightly sensible commentary about the rumored Apple Car. :rolleyes:

Apple Car May Wait, Based On Tesla EV Track Record, Says UBS - Investors.com

It's unlikely Apple will have an electric car in showrooms for consumers to buy in 2019, even if the tech firm is stepping on the accelerator to enter the auto market, says a UBS analyst.

As for any Apple car, UBS analyst Steven Milunovich said in a research note Monday that "the 2019 ship date may be overly ambitious.

One possibility, said the Wall Street Journal in an updated report, is that Apple could aim to have a car design in place by 2019, not one ready for sale.

The first Apple-branded electric car will not be self-driving, says the WSJ, but an autonomous car could be part of Apple's long-range plans

In short, according some writer for the WSJ and UBS, Apple might have a design mockup for a vehicle ready by 2019. Just for the heck of it, they threw in the rumor that the car probably won't be self driving? How is this stuff allows to be published in a major news publication.

In other words, these people are pulling rumors out of no-where and using words like nigh, could, and possibly to sound semi-credible.

We may as well be asking these analysts if interest rates will rise.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks for the schedule, drinkerofkoolaid.
I would only like to add that Tilburg factory opening is this Friday, I would EM expect to join that event, he is currently in Europe. Here is the invitation for that event:
View attachment 95150

BTW my expectations for today:
Lunch time reversal and close above $260.
Looks like Elon will be a busy boy....add on a possible meeting with Indian Prime Minister Modi in Fremont on the 26th/27th and the reveal on the 29th and Elon is in Ludicrous mode approaching maximum plaid. Looks like he might be chasing the sun on a plane Friday night from Tilburg to Fremont.

What Is India's Prime Minister Doing At A Tesla Factory? - Yahoo Finance

How timely is Elon's interview with Sigmar Gabriel tomorrow in light of the VW/clean Diesel scandal?

Last edited:
An exemption from import duties, and sales tax would cause demand for Tesla to go through the roof. Also, China is very supportive of Tesla, despite what certain bloggers have been saying. My bet is India will be very supportive of Tesla and will do everything possible to bring one or more Gigafactories to India and to allow Tesla to open stores. I think India recently gave Tesla permission to open 4 or 5 stores?

I don't think people realize how expensive new vehicles are in India and China, or the efforts being done at the local and national level to reduce the number of inefficient vehicles on the road.

If only the USA, and other countries would introduce Cash for Clunkers type program, to make it even easier for people to trade in ineffient vehicles for Electric Vehciles, or gasoline vehicles that get around 50-60MPG.

1) This would increase new automobile sales.
2) This would lead to a large increase in manufacturing jobs.
3) This would lead to an increase in demand for the materials necessary to make it happen.
4) Reduce emissions.
5) Act as a huge stimulus for everyone. The average person spends $3000 on gasoline every year.

Tesla is the only viable solution to the problem of how states and countries can meet or exceed the targets that need to be agreed on in Paris in December.

Last edited:
After this, I understand why my mother starts coughing the moment she gets into the car.

Civilian class action lawsuit for wringful death will follow next. People with all sorts of health issues will sue because we don't know what this causes. At best, a settlement simialr to BP will be reached.

VW bankruptcy is not out of the question.

This feels like a big inflection point in our plan to change the world.

The Pope in town, shaming climate change deniers and greedy CEOs who enable things like this massive VW fraud.
Politicians like Ben Carson clinging to climate change ignorance in their speeches, getting shot down by facts.
Obama and Bernie saying we must not wait, the time is now to stop spewing carbon and warming the planet.
China's engine of growth slowing down and their devouring of fossil fuels slowing.
Coal being shorted into oblivion.

Plus we have hedge fund CEO's jacking prices of affordable AIDS drugs 700% further riling up the populist anger against over-reaching CEO's.

People are looking around going, is there anyone left that isn't prolonging our addiction to oil because of greed or getting away with fraud / extortion in the name of money?

Hi, says Tesla Motors. We've been here a while, you'll get to know us better soon when we blanket the planet in cost-effective electric energy storage and Model III's.

Die, diesel. Die.

Last edited:
If Volkswagen goes bankrupt, let's hope they set aside enough money to handle the mess before filing. Bankruptcy seems like a logical solution, if the German government will permit it. The right type of situation could allow Tesla to buy a portion of Volkswagens assets for pennies on the dollar. Volkswagen could return, with the opportunity to start fresh, and perhaps focus on producing Electric Vehicles, in copperation with Tesla and others.

If it turns out the other automobile manufacturers were also involved, it's possible the German government might try to ensure this type of outcome. Fix the mess,do everything possible to make sure jobs aren't lost, and do everything possible to minimize any impact to the economy.

Volkswagen is a conglomerate of sort and the state of Lower Saxony owns 12.7% of Volkswagen Group's shares.

Last edited:
If Volkswagen goes bankrupt, let's hope they set aside enough money to handle the mess before filing. Bankruptcy seems like a logical solution, if the German government will permit it. The right type of situation could allow Tesla to buy a portion of Volkswagens assets for pennies on the dollar. Volkswagen could return, with the opportunity to start fresh, and perhaps focus on producing Electric Vehicles.

That is actually a fantastic idea.

After this, I understand why my mother starts coughing the moment she gets into the car.

Civilian class action lawsuit for wringful death will follow next. People with all sorts of health issues will sue because we don't know what this causes. At best, a settlement simialr to BP will be reached.

Such lawsuit regarding wrongful death/health issues requires burden on the plantiff to prove VW diesel deception directly causes such wrongful death/health problems. Good luck with that, but you might have to consult with a lawyer and bring extra cash to fight something that you might get close to nothing. I'm not a lawyer, but I know U.S. courts works like that. General accusations at best without evidence. And to add, nothing against you. Just how justice process works.

Well at least Volkswagen is one of the manufacturers that announces monthly sales figures... October 1st/2nd isn't that far away, so we should see an effect of all this.

I expect to see Volkswagen take major sales hits across the board, not just their diesel models.

It's a good job car dealerships make an average of $1million in profit each year... now's the time to dip into those profits you piled up earlier, if you're a Volkswagen dealer.

As far as TSLA goes, I'm seeing support building up through the day. Hopefully we close back over $260.

Status
Not open for further replies.