Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. why haven't we renamed the forum "Praise and Worship Tesla 2014"?

All I see is a everyone blindly praising Tesla, and calling any other product crap. Many of these posts are not contributing anything to this forum. Post something we don't already know. Like I said this endless praise and worship, and hoping for Model X and Model 3 reveal is not a sign of bottom. Hope doesn't move the stock up. Logical thinking and fact does. If you guys can show me the car delivery for Q4 will exceed 11,000 then it's a valid, logical post, otherwise you guys just polluting this forum with something with little value. TMC Investor section has gone shark, full of people who can only say FUD FUD FUD.

Back then luvb2b clearly posted with fact and logical value: that we gonna beat Q1-13, with vin number tracking and math
sleepyhead, DaveT, fluxcap, and many others posted fact that Q4-13 gonna be a big beat, with numbers and math

What I have been reading past few days are:
"Model S so cool, so wow. GM so crap, so eww."
"Hopefully we got Model X and 3 reveal"
"maoing you spreading overly negative rumor"
"FUDster FUDster"

i am putting a small buy order ~200, then 197, then 193. if we breached 193, I think 180 is possible, if we breach 180, I don't know.. All I know is that, delivery tracking shows we're going to miss ~500 cars. The only real promising fact we have is that Q1-15 guidance has potential to be good, since we know delivery wait time is late march, implying Q1 is sold out.

I thought this issue had been put to rest?

I agree with those that say looks matters, hard to believe anyone would argue otherwise. I picked up some more shares this morning, i'm not complaining.

All I see is a everyone blindly praising Tesla, and calling any other product crap. Many of these posts are not contributing anything to this forum. Post something we don't already know. Like I said this endless praise and worship, and hoping for Model X and Model 3 reveal is not a sign of bottom. Hope doesn't move the stock up. Logical thinking and fact does. If you guys can show me the car delivery for Q4 will exceed 11,000 then it's a valid, logical post, otherwise you guys just polluting this forum with something with little value. TMC Investor section has gone shark, full of people who can only say FUD FUD FUD.

Back then luvb2b clearly posted with fact and logical value: that we gonna beat Q1-13, with vin number tracking and math
sleepyhead, DaveT, fluxcap, and many others posted fact that Q4-13 gonna be a big beat, with numbers and math

"FUDster FUDster"

i am putting a small buy order ~200, then 197, then 193. if we breached 193, I think 180 is possible, if we breach 180, I don't know.. All I know is that, delivery tracking shows we're going to miss ~500 cars. The only real promising fact we have is that Q1-15 guidance has potential to be good, since we know delivery wait time is late march, implying Q1 is sold out.

If you look over on the Q4 thread people have already posted their estimates there. Not sure what you are looking for. The news flow today is rather important since it shows what the competition looks like. Many people have disliked the exterior of these types of cars. I am not complaining that GM is making a 200 mile car. I am quite happy if it goes to market, I am just afraid that it is compliance reasons and will only be available in CA and other ZEV states. People are posting their "hopes" because it is getting rather depressing the lack of information from Tesla regarding the Model 3 and Model X. Especially the latter. Which should be an indicator in and of itself that the stock is going to likely continue to take a beating until Tesla decides to show people what they want to see.

I am still of a mind that we meet guidance, and I think the important number will be that they kept production levels up to hit the "produced 35k" number that they said they would. Outside of that, I feel pretty confident in hitting 33k and IF there is a miss, then I think the higher ASP will make up for it. ~11k cars is still going to be a pretty huge shot in the arm for revenue numbers and a high ASP is going to make it even sweeter.

Someone was posting that they expected Q1 to be lower numbers than Q4, although I don't know of any evidence to support that. We should see at least 11k sold in Q1 putting 2015 off to a good start.

Hmm.. why haven't we renamed the forum "Praise and Worship Tesla 2014"? All I see is a everyone blindly praising Tesla, and calling any other product crap. Many of these posts are not contributing anything to this forum. Post something we don't already know. Like I said this endless praise and worship, and hoping for Model X and Model 3 reveal is not a sign of bottom. Hope doesn't move the stock up. Logical thinking and fact does. If you guys can show me the car delivery for Q4 will exceed 11,000 then it's a valid, logical post, otherwise you guys just polluting this forum with something with little value. TMC Investor section has gone shark, full of people who can only say FUD FUD FUD. Back then luvb2b clearly posted with fact and logical value: that we gonna beat Q1-13, with vin number tracking and math sleepyhead, DaveT, fluxcap, and many others posted fact that Q4-13 gonna be a big beat, with numbers and math What I have been reading past few days are: "Model S so cool, so wow. GM so crap, so eww." "Hopefully we got Model X and 3 reveal" "maoing you spreading overly negative rumor" "FUDster FUDster" i am putting a small buy order ~200, then 197, then 193. if we breached 193, I think 180 is possible, if we breach 180, I don't know.. All I know is that, delivery tracking shows we're going to miss ~500 cars. The only real promising fact we have is that Q1-15 guidance has potential to be good, since we know delivery wait time is late march, implying Q1 is sold out. Also, chart & technical is broken, looks like ****.
If you say technical is **** please post your analysis with charts. Otherwise it's just FUD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hardly think we are frothing here like it was before Q3 2014 when the VIN counting got insane with expectations through the roof.

On the Bolt, I think people that really understand EVs were hoping for more substance. I don't see how GM is going to hit $37,500 and 200 miles of EPA range with the concept car as shown and they really didn't release any underlying data to support their claims. No battery capacity, no efficiency, no mileage testing scenario details, no details on construction methods, and no claims on weight. Basically, all we got was an i3 looking vehicle (but I think it looks much better than an i3 and a Leaf), a claim of $37,500 approximate price, 200 miles of range but unknown circumstances, and fast charge to 80% in 45 minutes (65 kW maybe) but the concept car is missing a SAE type 1 socket.

So?
i3 has 80 miles, $40K+, selling 17K units in 2014
Leaf has 80 miles, $30K+, selling 50K units in 2014
GM has 200 miles, $37K+... triple the mileage, looking better than i3 according to u.

I just don't understand the constant bashing, and comparing $37K car to Model S. For me it sounds like a butthurt investor defensive mechanism. Where is Model 3 on the other hand? show us the concept, then we can all do the bashing and comparison.

...fast charge to 80% in 45 minutes (65 kW maybe) but the concept car is missing a SAE type 1 socket. I expected better from GM.

That's a good point, I missed that one at first...

2015-culture-bev-b7-316x246.jpg

Don't know how you fast charge on that plug... *sigh*

If you say technical is **** please post your analysis with charts.

that and we're going over the historical battle in finance. Fundamentals versus technicals. We can bring in as many theories as we want but we all know what's flooding the headlines. Just look at the Yahoo! Finance widget. Everything is flooded with the Chevy Bolt. When the worlds largest automaker makes a move into EV's it's known. Especially in a case where they killed off the EV and is now returning.

Yes some people say GM vehicles are crap. I am in this camp (with the exception of the corvette), just go sit in a chevy. Generally speaking they are not up to par with competitors. I hear things are much better internationally with the other brands like Vauxhal and Holden, but I'm only referring to the US market. To be honest I think it's a nice vehicle but not at that price range and the fact that it's a concept matters VERY much especially if the target is 2017 with little information as to how they will execute on their plan.

"FUDster FUDster"

Also, chart & technical is broken, looks like shitte.
If your seeking a balanced Bull=Bear debate you won't find it here, if your into hope & hype continue reading.

Perhaps you should read other areas of this forum, because many of us, myself included, have criticized Tesla quite vociferously on some issues. Communications is one such issue.

I call products as I see them, and yeah, a lot of competing EVs ARE garbage.

Competing EV? there is no competing EV to Model S. $70K+ EV? Get your fact straight

I said specifically this particular forum is full of new member who blindly praise tesla, not u anticitizen. I've seen you around since before 2013. I specifically wrote, this short term forum has gone shark

So?
i3 has 80 miles, $40K+, selling 17K units in 2014
Leaf has 80 miles, $30K+, selling 50K units in 2014
GM has 200 miles, $37K+... triple the mileage, looking better than i3 according to u.

I just don't understand the constant bashing, and comparing $37K car to Model S. For me it sounds like a butthurt investor defensive mechanism. Where is Model 3 on the other hand? show us the concept, then we can all do the bashing and comparison.

This is also for 2017, when the Leaf is supposed to get upgrade to around 150 miles (Although Nissan might beef up that battery size in response to GM). We are 2.5 years to market for this concept car and if it holds up to its claims then I don't see why it shouldn't be significantly better than the current competition (Leaf and i3) ESPECIALLY when Nissan has already said there would be a 150 mile Leaf. I wouldn't be surprised if the GM car falls to around 150 miles itself for real world range (EPA testing, etc).

And a number of us have already commented in this very thread that both GM and Tesla are right now fighting vaporware vs vaporware... Of course we all want to the Model 3 and shame on Tesla for not throwing the Prototype out there yet. Here we are about 2-2.5 years to market... it is due time to show the prototype in keeping with their past history. I could say the same about the Model X not being shown yet since here we are about 6-8 months out and no Beta's have been shown... I have been griping about both for a while...

Go read the technical forum. 50 day crossing down 200 day. lower high, lower low = downtrend. Also some chartist mentioned a while back H&S. not going to repost something we ought to already know.. Now u Causalien where is your crystal ball?

Ah, been retired for too long. When did we split the tech analysis from short term? I do not like this move. What are we supposed to discuss here? I can't backup my arguments without charts in a short term thread?
As to head & shoulder, death cross and golden cross are statistically insignificant. They've failed at the same rate as success. My crystal ball is making me money :) 8 ball is failing more often nowadays. Suggesting a breakdown of certain trend.

Maknyuzz back to his usual FUD. I see no rationale for these lower stock prices you're putting forward. Yawn.

My rationale was simple. A lot of forum member still hoping. Hope doesnt move stock up.
Lump, another awesome member who posted pic of P85D first few delivery, has been negative since TSLA at 240-250. I believe some member called him/her FUDster too. Look where TSLA is at now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ready for Buzzfeed/Seeking Mediocrity/Business Insider/Linkbait/Clickfarms:

Top 5 Reasons GM's Bolt is Nothing but Smoke and Mirrors - And Tesla Looks Stronger Than Ever

GM's announcement of plans to sometime, 4 years from now or more, build a car that might have up to 200 miles of range "theoretically" seems like a good development for EV enthusiasts at first glance. But is it? Here are some key reasons why GM's announcement may be nothing more than a combustion engine smoke-and-mirrors play:

1) Unlike Tesla, GM has no battery factory, no viable battery technology, and no ability to build batteries at a scale necessary to sell more than a couple hundred "demonstration vehicles" that give the appearance of "a green future" while distracting from the millions of combustion engines they sell every year. They have announced no investments in battery factories, which would be mandatory for volume production of an EV that was made as anything other than a showpiece / one-off "compliance car."

2) GM knows how to build traditional engines pretty well, but they outsource nearly all their other core technology and car manufacturing pieces, especially the pieces necessary to build high volumes of market-leading electric vehicles. Electronics, electrics, software, hardware engineering -- they have not hired significant engineering or production talent at all. So despite the press releases, GM does not appear to be committed to electric vehicle sales at all. GM's dealer networks actively downsell EV's and push customers to traditional combustion engine vehicles, and GM continues to spend millions lobbying against Electric Vehicles. Why would they do that if they wanted to sell a legitimate mass-market EV?

3) Tesla's Elon Musk has stated that his goal is not to build the best electric vehicles in the world, but the best car in the world, period. The GM Volt won no significant awards, has a spotty safety record, a poor reliability record, questionable resale value, and poor utility. It's reasonable to assume the "Bolt" will not win any awards and will be much less in-demand than Tesla's products. Their Model X SUV has a 20,000+ pre-order list, which no other car manufacturer can remotely match.

4) Tesla has a nationwide / worldwide network of Tesla-only fast chargers that enable free long-distance travel coast to coast in the US and beyond. GM has no such network, and no plans to build one.

5) The Model III has a battery factory behind it, proven technology and cost structures, the best engineering talent in the world, and a huge groundswell of demand. The Tesla Model III will be a game-changer, and massive amounts of people are saving all their pennies to get on the waitlist for the car as soon as it is available. GM wants to deflect attention as much as possible from this amazing car -- so consumers are confused and think EV's have to be built as "sacrifice cars." The Tesla Model S has the highest Consumer Reports customer satisfaction of any car ever built, because people that own one and experience how much better they are than any other car never want to own anything other than a premium EV again. They are too convenient, too powerful, too fun, too compelling and too satisfying to give up.

So, will GM succeed with making the Bolt a desirable EV that is produced in more than small "demonstration" quantities?

Answer: Probably not, because they don't want to and don't have the capacity or talent.

What does Elon Musk think?
Elon Musk has stated that he hopes competitors will succeed in building legitimate EV competitors to transition the world to a battery-electric transportation economy powered by renewable solar energy. But if recent attempts and facts show anything, it's that GM's Bolt is nothing but smoke and mirrors meant to make consumers think EV's are poor choices. We should closely watch Tesla's development of the Model X SUV this year. If it is as desirable and class-leading as its sedan cousin the Model S and wins as many awards, there is strong reason to believe the Model III will dominate BEV sales for years to come as well, leaving the competition in the dust.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this downward price movement is also due to oil's continued slide. I'm buying folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.