Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh those high expectations again (including myself), look at the number of people watching this tread right now. From first few minutes trading, looks like to investors yesterday was a non-event. Expect comments like "priced in" and "buying opportunity" to dominate this tread today. Hope I will be wrong though...

Oh those high expectations again (including myself), look at the number of people watching this tread right now. From first few minutes, looks like yesterday was a non-event. Expect comments like "priced in" and "buying opportunity" to dominate this tread today. Hope I will be wrong though...

People do not "get it" yet. They'll need analysts to explain it to them. I know of three plants in my area that would save over a million dollars a year just by installing a few of these packs to cover peak periods. There are plants like this in every city. The industrial and utility application possibilities are enormous.

Oh those high expectations again (including myself), look at the number of people watching this tread right now. From first few minutes trading, looks like to investors yesterday was a non-event. Expect comments like "priced in" and "buying opportunity" to dominate this tread today. Hope I will be wrong though...

It's far from over. ER next week, analyst with new price targets, not to mention parts of Europe has a holiday and the market needs some time to digest the ground breaking significance of yesterdays event.

In fact, this is early christmas for us imo...

It's far from over. ER next week, analyst with new price targets, not to mention parts of Europe has a holiday and the market needs some time to digest the ground breaking significance of yesterdays event.

In fact, this is early christmas for us imo...

My strategy when I heard of the event was to buy up to the 30th. Then sell day before just to buy again today. This seem to be the same story every time.

To be fair, this thread probably has a lot of insiders (not Tesla insiders, but people in industries that stand to save millions to billions from this breakthrough). It's easy to be optimistic when you know your employer spends 2-3x as much for gigantic rooms with thousands of lead-acid batteries.

Thanks! Well I expected a bigger dip no matter what the news were. But I agree that people need time to figure this out. I will be buying back all day :D

You are probably taking a loss or counting pennies if you were buying stock in the last 4 days and selling yesterday night.

Apparently this event was priced in few weeks in advance. It makes sense as yesterday we didn't really get anything new except from a few details, price (big one) and initial partners.

Best strategy as usual appears to be long term buy & hold. But we might still see fireworks with the ER (fireworks sometime explode in your hands though).

How many times did I post "stay calm, don't be greedy" in the last few weeks? Did I follow my own advice? Of course not :-D

You are probably taking a loss or counting pennies if you were buying stock in the last 4 days and selling yesterday night.

Apparently this event was priced in few weeks in advance. It makes sense as yesterday we didn't really get anything new except from a few details, price (big one) and initial partners.

Best strategy as usual appears to be long term buy & hold. But we might still see fireworks with the ER (fireworks sometime explode in your hands though).

How many times did I post "stay calm, don't be greedy" in the last few weeks? Did I follow my own advice? Of course not :-D

Nope, this announcement was announced a month ago :D

This would be the appropriate time to get greedy if any, if you take into the account
the potential demand for this product, that fact that it is generally not understood,
and finally the short interest.

This.

And I'm quite sure that Elon, Deepak and JB are very well prepared for the coming ER on Wednesday and will do their best to explain the underlying financials of the Tesla Energy division. Throw in a classic Elon extrapolation in the conference call and we might see some interesting things happening.

Nope, this announcement was announced a month ago :D

yeah but that doesn't really count as a short term play :-D

Most of us here are long stock and bought some more in the last few months. But I haven't heard a lot of people (nobody?) who correctly identified the short term top of 240$ or managed to make short term gains through this event.

In the short term we lost. Ideally we should have closed all or most short term positions after the last runup to reopen them today. We should have realised that the news was already out and that this event WASN'T for investors. We told ourselves that it would have been different this time. But the realistic chances that Elon would drop any information that would significantly change short time PTs overnight was minimal.

We'll see in a few weeks when analysts digest this and we talk about it from an investor perspective during ER.

As usual, in the long term we will prevail :-D and this might be a good chance to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.