Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a beautiful thing... I feel SO BAD for anyone who is in right now, oh my lord!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 2.27.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 2.27.17 PM.png
    266.9 KB · Views: 69
The biggest head scratcher on many levels -
1. Why take on more risk - financial & operational than already there.
2. Elon owns 22% of SolarCity, what does it mean
3. Where is Tesla going to get the capital to fund this - more dilution!? dipping into the recent $1.5 fund raise? I don't want that.

Reactions: X Yes?
Isn't this what some government whiny-boys were saying was a possibility? Tesla did a public offering, got a bunch of cash, and are now buying Solar City. I think the regulator-types were worried that the money would be diverted to Solar City. Well this sorta takes care of that :)

Just correcting myself... looks like it's an "all stock" deal so Tesla is not using cash raised during the recent secondary offering.

The biggest head scratcher on many levels -
1. Why take on more risk - financial & operational than already there.
2. Elon owns 22% of SolarCity, what does it mean
3. Where is Tesla going to get the capital to fund this - more dilution!? dipping into the recent $1.5 fund raise? I don't want that.

I believe TSLA is tanking primarily due to #1 that you've listed above. It really doesn't make sense to buy something that is trouble. But I believe Elon wouldn't do so if there wasn't any real future for it. I think it has to do with long term goal.
For #2, it'll probably cut some losses if Elon holds some stock in SCTY if bought higher.
As for #3, I think it may have been part of the plan to dip into the $1.5B fund raiser.

I can see how it's easy for TSLA to be down 10%, but would it hit 15% to then buy...

Reactions: erha
Status
Not open for further replies.