Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know when all the consumer reports etc results are due for the X? It's starting to look a little psunami-sh and I wonder if the "best suv ever" type reviews will be soon.

They can review a car at any time.

Their brand new automotive reliability report and ranking of brands by reliability is released in late February.

Motor Trend SUV of the Year is revealed(usually) in early November.

Anybody know when all the consumer reports etc results are due for the X? It's starting to look a little psunami-sh and I wonder if the "best suv ever" type reviews will be soon.

I think this is the best quote from an X review I had read.

"Around LA the sweet, effortless blurt of our EV hot-rod tempted me to do, well, questionable things. No yellow light turns red for the Model X P90D. No hole that opens in traffic is too small or far away."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...5yk9sXzu7Ws1UG1ew&sig2=U9UZizd55D-RRoSsuSDJJw

We have known that for almost a year.

In about two months we will know the 2017 SUV of the Year.

BTW Editors of Motor Trend could not get their hands on a Model X in time to evaluate it for 2016 SUV of the Year. It will be up for the 2017 SUV of the Year Award.

Oh boy another cash that the driver is blaming the car. Cue the self proclaimed experts giving us their worthless opinions.
The accidental acceleration stuff? Yeah, Tesla came out immediately saying the cause of the accident was that the driver mashed the accelerator right into the storefront. No SP movement off that.

I will say, it is downright shameful how so many owners are attempting to blame AP or the car in general for so many accidents where they are clearly at fault.

We have known that for almost a year.

In about two months we will know the 2017 SUV of the Year.

BTW Editors of Motor Trend could not get their hands on a Model X in time to evaluate it for 2016 SUV of the Year. It will be up for the 2017 SUV of the Year Award.

Interesting, that Volvo is pretty cool but it seems like the X might edge it out with Autopilot and stuff. Wonder if they will count the rear doors as + or -.

Wonder if they will count the rear doors as + or -.

The editor that wrote the snippet for the 2016 Motor Trend Buyer's Guide took the WASP position.

"Those flashy second-row falcon doors are good for impressing the neighbors, but we found them a bit gimmicky. " 4.5 Stars out of 5 though.

2016 Tesla Model X Reviews and Rating | Motor Trend

He uses the royal "We" because that is not all the editors. All the editors and staff writers will have a vote for the SUV of the Year after they evaluate all the candidates back to back.

There was still 0 shares available to short at Fidelity on Friday after hours, with estimated interest rate steady at 25%.

I would be watching these tomorrow pre-market with great interest.

I have bought some weekly protection puts / lottery tickets on Friday. Speaking about low probability / high reward scenarios, my current favorite is to cash these puts out on the dip next week with a healthy gain as short sellers are lured back with availability of shares for shorting and greatly reduced interest, and then using proceeds to buy weekly lottery ticket (calls) for the pop the following week on the Q3 deliveries (and possibly profitability pre-announcement).

I know, I know - stringing two winning weekly lottery tickets in a row is very unlikely, but not outrageously so, given the talk of Tesla, the $10T company. :)
Oh, and I am in on this play not 120%, but $120 (this is the true number, less the transaction fees!):)
Thanks again for your continued input e.g. on shares available for shorting.

May I ask why you think SP could dip during next week (beginning tomorrow)?

Is there any update on the record date that I missed?
AFAIK it is still pushed further out?

Just spoke to a service rep in relation to getting a p85d ludicrous upgrade.

Asked about upgrading to 100kw battery.

He told me it wasn't possible at this time because the 100kw battery is physically bigger and the p85d simply doesn't have room for it (while newer cars do).

It's the first time I have heard that the 100kw supposedly is bigger.

Figured that was interesting to those of you analyzing the state of battery tech.

Record date was Sept 23rd.
Thanks!

Who is expecting a drop ahead of Q3 delivery figures because of increased number of shares available for shorting?
I got more cautious during the last couple of years and still have some money to deploy for a mid term H2 delivery play;)

IMO good to see some SCTY/TSLA merger progress.
This topic is just too tempting for shorts to spin it too negative. Best is to move ahead quickly and solve all related issues as soon as possible in order to end the negative news cycle around the merger.

Last edited:
Reactions: vgrinshpun
Thanks again for your continued input e.g. on shares available for shorting.

May I ask why you think SP could dip during next week (beginning tomorrow)?

Is there any update on the record date that I missed?
AFAIK it is still pushed further out?

Yes, record date was last Friday, so if recalled shares are made available for shorting and are plentiful on today, we might see short sellers piling back in, driving price lower. I think that any dip, if materializes, should be short lived as deliveries will be reported, and possibly even profitability / cash flow pre-announced during the next week.

I believe watching shares available to short and interest rate before market open could provide an indication of where the price is heading today. I will post update at around 8am when the shares for shorting and interest become available to me.

Reactions: ev-enthusiast
Just spoke to a service rep in relation to getting a p85d ludicrous upgrade.

Asked about upgrading to 100kw battery.

He told me it wasn't possible at this time because the 100kw battery is physically bigger and the p85d simply doesn't have room for it (while newer cars do).

It's the first time I have heard that the 100kw supposedly is bigger.

I don't believe that is correct. At the time of introduction of the 90kWh battery and Ludicrous, P85D owners were allowed to upgrade to the 90 battery. And 90 owners can upgrade to the 100 battery. So I don't see how the 100 battery could be bigger.

I don't believe that is correct. At the time of introduction of the 90kWh battery and Ludicrous, P85D owners were allowed to upgrade to the 90 battery. And 90 owners can upgrade to the 100 battery. So I don't see how the 100 battery could be bigger.

There are 3 versions of the 90 kWh battery. There is a cut off date where older cars can't take the newer 90 kWh battery. Presumably there are a few 90's that can take the 100 kWh battery, but most cannot. I do wonder if some of those are actually 100's.

I believe watching shares available to short and interest rate before market open could provide an indication of where the price is heading today. I will post update at around 8am when the shares for shorting and interest become available to me.

Here's IB as of right now:

Screenshot 2016-09-26 06.47.51.png

No shares of SCTY available to short and only 12,337 (EDIT 4,937) of TSLA available at 79.97% interest rate.

EDITED - shares available updated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.