Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's surprising. I was at a local store a few months ago and the employee told me that MX orders were less than half of MS orders, at least from their store.

It would be interesting if we could get some more data points. Would be interesting if we can get 5-10 more people to post their findings here.
So many posts have been rumors or statement from store employees. Almost always inaccurate

So many posts have been rumors or statement from store employees. Almost always inaccurate

Actually, I'd say store employees usually have a decent idea on order rate from their own store. Sure, this is just a small piece in the bigger picture, but if you pull 20 stores together it does tell a story. If there's a better way to gain insight on MX order rate (vs MS order rate), would love to hear it.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
That is the question indeed - my spidey-sense is mute on this one. What do you think? I'm leaning towards buying a little more SCTY now before the SCTY/.11 <--> TSLA gap closes further. Thoughts? PMs welcome :)!

I am thinking that if TSLA didn't tank today it isn't going to due to recall theory (the idea that a rush of new shares available would cause a temporary drop). But then, the new shares don't seem to be showing up for some reason.

I am going heavier into SCTY for arb.

so I decided to check out seekingalpha to see what the shorts are thinking and read Montana Skeptic's posting. I must say that his read of the Hoerbiger lawsuit is interesting.
I saw it as much ado about nothing, regardless of the outcome. It's a minor issue that was settled, should have little to no effect on TSLA.

so I decided to check out seekingalpha to see what the shorts are thinking and read Montana Skeptic's posting. I must say that his read of the Hoerbiger lawsuit is interesting.

Anyone have any details about the settlement? We'll know more on Oct 4th, but I'm curious if there are any leaks anywhere?

My contrarian take is that the settlement terms wouldn't be announced, even by Musk, because that's generally the purpose of those Non-Disclosure clauses! Especially since the final terms were still being hammered out. However, I don't think Tesla got anything out of it other than getting Hoerbiger's claims thrown out. So the win is that Tesla doesn't have to pay anything.

So although we can interpret MS as doing us a favor (by winding the spring even tighter and drawing more shorts in thinking that Hoerbiger won), the actual result would probably be meh and completely dependent on Q3 delivery results.

Not sure how to interpret the Oct 4th meeting of the conditions though. :(

Hearing has slipped to October 20. CALENDAR

• Informative
Reactions: mmd
Actually, I'd say store employees usually have a decent idea on order rate from their own store. Sure, this is just a small piece in the bigger picture, but if you pull 20 stores together it does tell a story. If there's a better way to gain insight on MX order rate (vs MS order rate), would love to hear it.
While I am aware interest does not equal to sales, four stores I've been to in the past two months had about 2 to 3 people checking out the X for 1 checking out the S.

I saw it as much ado about nothing, regardless of the outcome. It's a minor issue that was settled, should have little to no effect on TSLA.

My take on the Hoerbiger suit is simple: One of the terms of the settlement is tied to the number of X's sold in Q3, which can't be known until then.

In other good news, SCTY seems to be flirting with the $20 mark. Closing the arb gap significantly.

• Informative
Reactions: dirtyofries
Yet his TSLA price target would suggest a fair SCTY value of $37...

The reason why Kallo is giving a $25 price target for SCTY is because the time frame considered is shorter than the time frame considered for TSLA's target. Kallo is looking at about a year timeframe for his TSLA target and about a 2 month timeframe for his SCTY target.

Edit: A $25 SCTY target at time of merger in 2 months equates to TSLA at $227 come merger time if you divide $25 by .11.

I'd be careful reading too much into these anecdotal evidences of end-of-quarter rush deliveries. I recall a poster @Scott Allles , who got burnt pretty badly by getting too excited with the anecdotes thrown at him by Tesla store employees. Lost a ton of money and left this forum for good. We have seen these tents pop up every quarter end.
Perpetual bull Trip Chowdhury flaming the fires doesn't help much.

Yeah that's surprising. I was at a local store a few months ago and the employee told me that MX orders were less than half of MS orders, at least from their store.

It would be interesting if we could get some more data points. Would be interesting if we can get 5-10 more people to post their findings here.

Agree be nice to get some differ geographical data points. I'm just outside of Chicago so one would expect a higher MX mix. Just in general I see a high SUV mix even though owners are penalized with a gas guzzling SUV setup. If I'm in the market for MS or MX it's an easy decision to go with MX. More cargo capacity, higher driving vantage point, safer, and FWD (it's why I'm paying a premium for luxury right? I would make sure everyone and their mother know I paid $$$ for this baby) all in a package that's has minor range penalty.

Ugh. Yeah, he's always wildly optimistic.

The problem is 22k deliveries is MY guess too... great, now I AM the "village idiot"..
22k was my estimate, before Tesla threw caution to the wind and started selling everything that wasn't nailed down. Right now I'd be disappointed if the figure is below 24k.

Tesla is just getting started with X. Almost all, if not all of the demo stock in US has been sold. A lot of X buyers are holding off for the 5 passenger in anticipation of folding seats, including me.

Plus:
Here in Europe the X is just beginning to show up. Lots of orders that have not been fulfilled. Because of batching of geographic regions I expect an above average percentage of the Oct and Nov production will be shipped here.

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
With 30 minutes to go TSLA looks great
Just enrolled my shares in Fidelity lending program. Love to give shorts more rope to hang self with
Make no mistakes, TSLA goes much higher from here. The more my stock appreciates the more interest I extract from shorts it's a win win sounds like at the current interest rate I could hypothetically buy myself at least 3 Model S P 100 D within a year if not more
Love it

Status
Not open for further replies.