Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try not to use pejorative language which would be prohibited here about each other, for example. Also, I would feel much better if we moved conversation to another thread, say the macro environment.

There is also a more specific thread for such discussion than the one I mentioned earlier:

'How will US Presidential elections affect TSLA?' I haven't been following this thoroughly but the discussion is often very sophisticated.

Wow... And we were complaining about some of the questions at the Tesla Annual Shareholder Meeting... Some of these people are already from another planet.

You have to give Elon Musk credit for giving reasonable, sane answers to wacko questions. Even the gal who offered to give him a kiss up on the stage was treated kindly with a compliment. He also has been effective at shutting down the self-promoting statements by questioners.

Gotta admit the my first reaction to your post was "Whoa - @Intl Professor is not an idiot!" before realizing you were referring to something going on elsewhere... :)

Mike

Ha, yeah, he was referring to the Q&A at the SpaceX launch.

The people are idiots. They're too busy plugging their terrible web platforms, throwing comic books, asking about poop, and more.

They're the best argument for never leaving Earth - unless we leave them behind.

Tesla’s Model 3 Could Take 300,000 Bpd Off U.S. Gasoline Demand | OilPrice.com
<Snip>
The release of Tesla’s first affordable electric vehicle, the Model 3, marks a milestone in the EV industry that could shave off 300,000 barrels per day in gasoline demand in the U.S. by 2035, according to a report by Wood Mackenzie.

According to the research company’s analysts, the Model 3, based on the success of the Model S, and “the huge number of preorders” for the new car (around 400,000 worldwide), are a guarantee of success and the entrance of EVs into the mainstream, displacing part of the fossil-fuel guzzlers.
<Snip>
Regarding global EV markets, the lead author of the Wood Mac report, research director Prajit Ghosh, said that “The impact of Model 3 on the larger energy markets will not be in how many Model 3’s Tesla sells but what it has arguably done to spur wider electric-car production.”

This is where the Model 3’s game-changing potential lies, although it hardly makes Tesla itself happy as it means much more intense competition. Still, the company’s home market looks pretty rosy. According to Wood Mac, by 2035, some 12 percent of new car sales in the U.S. will be electric vehicles, a total of 16 million of them. Chances are that many of these will be a Tesla, or even most, depending on how quick its home-turf rivals are to catch up with the leader in the EV segment.

• Informative
Reactions: Bgarret and Runarbt
You have to give Elon Musk credit for giving reasonable, sane answers to wacko questions. Even the gal who offered to give him a kiss up on the stage was treated kindly with a compliment. He also has been effective at shutting down the self-promoting statements by questioners.

Elon and Hillary went to the same seminars on treating crazy people like they are not crazy and trying to parse their crazy talk.

Ha, yeah, he was referring to the Q&A at the SpaceX launch.

The people are idiots. They're too busy plugging their terrible web platforms, throwing comic books, asking about poop, and more.

They're the best argument for never leaving Earth - unless we leave them behind.

One shuttle will go to Mars, the other will fly into the sun...

That was a pretty amazing presentation by Elon. Makes you realise what else occupies his time.

Back to TSLA... obviously the ratio between TSLA and SCTY is approaching 0.11 (versus going the other way). Every day it does this I take to be a day that the investment community overall is forgetting its doubt that the acquisition will take place.

Planning out my trading week so that I am all set by the close on Friday. Is it fair to assume that Tesla will release Q3 deliveries number prior to the opening on Monday October 3rd? Does anyone think they'll wait until after Monday's trading is over?

Status
Not open for further replies.