Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This pattern repeats every day now. Starts in pre-market, then steep push down right after opening. Is this some sort of organised attack by a big party to get SP down ?

Guess it is impossible to find out if it is the same sellers every day ?
Yes- this attack is the shorts IMO. The only way to verify this is the next 2 short interest numbers. Greedy IMO. I think this is the same group that got burned on the way up, now they want revenge. BTW they want Tesla to fail so that would explain why they aren't covering. They won't cover at any price

Yes- this attack is the shorts IMO. The only way to verify this is the next 2 short interest numbers. Greedy IMO. I think this is the same group that got burned on the way up, now they want revenge. BTW they want Tesla to fail so that would explain why they aren't covering. They won't cover at any price

So far they have been unable to reach the stop-loss targets this morning. When buyers believe the bottom has been reached, and it should be soon, we'll see buying.

Analyst Recommendations 02/05

Hi there
the ANR screen doesn't look nice obviously. The market is going crazy...really difficult to a)predict any material good news on Feb 10 and b) the market reaction with regards to the ER and CC.
Don't want to guess aynthing here. A lot has been discussed in the past weeks. Have a look at the screen shot and make your own judgement.
Good luck to all of you who are invested or are about to be invested (long or short) etc...

Attachments

• TSLA ANR 160205.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
As it stands right now consensus analyst estimate for 2016 revenue is $8.5Bil.

Based on my paper napkin math, it translates to about $500mil TE revenue with 75K car deliveries.

That should still be very attainable right? At a minimum Tesla will guide to this right?

The reason I ask is, LNKD is getting completely smashed as they gave lower guidance than consensus.

I hope Tesla puts out some strong guidance. This is not the time to be conservative and say 'win should feel like a win'. This is the time to put out most optimistic guidance to shock the market into turning around.

Last edited:
Expecting a hammer reversal at $150. Buying a ton of calls if it taps $150. LinkedIn and Google are spooking the whole market. Elon's silence, and reliable sources indicate this will be a very good quarter and demand is very strong.

Cheap gasoline is likely to encourage more people to buy Tesla's. Lines at the pump + Moral Imperative + Model S and Model X being best in class by far should cause demand to skyrocket.

Wealthy people living in China will buy Tesla's. Demand in Hong Kong is a good proxy for demand in China.

im buying when it hits $130
Expecting a hammer reversal at $150. Buying a ton of calls if it taps $150. LinkedIn and Google are spooking the whole market. Elon's silence, and reliable sources indicate this will be a very good quarter and demand is very strong.

Cheap gasoline is likely to encourage more people to buy Tesla's. Lines at the pump + Moral Imperative + Model S and Model X being best in class by far should cause demand to skyrocket.

Wealthy people living in China will buy Tesla's. Demand in Hong Kong is a good proxy for demand in China.

I think something worth taking note is that at $164, the current SP is below literally every firm's price target, except UBS' at $160. Obviously there's a wide range of PTs, three of which now suggest over 100% upside (Stifel, MS, and Doughtery.) Crazy to think that even the most pessimistic and irrationally negative analysts believe it should be trading higher, clearly oversold IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.