Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla needs to pound the automobile market with focus. Elon needs to be asking his retail team what went wrong in the last delivery cycle and what could be improved on the experience to make Model 3 launch even more compelling instead of burdening them with having to upsell a totally different product.

One can hope (or believe) those things/goals are not mutually exclusive.

If you can't see this by looking at market macros......Goldman Sachs making big $ with market b.s.
that's not evidence... that's gut feeling. what if I made the claim that it's most likely short covering that's holding this stock at this level... and that short covering is likely being done by large investors that also own a large portion of the stock who are shorting the stock at high levels and using this to hold the stock up at lower levels.

i have no evidence of this either... but this is *my* gut feeling... and it's equally as possible. remember... GS has repeatedly propped this stock up in order to help Tesla sell shares... and there is evidence of that.

Reactions: CALGARYARSENAL
A merger based on selective disclosure from elon to fund managers, this does not make sense.
It allows those in the know to take advantage of those in the not know.
Since when is this allowed?

I agree, it does seem wrong. But we've heard before, in retrospect, of private investor conference calls and about the fact that after each ER all the analysts get to stay on the line and have a private Q&A session with management. Does seem unfair to us retail investors, doesn't it?

Elon said that he merger is a no brainer, and every fund manager who he explained it to, with confidential information agreed. If that's true it's going to pass easily. IMO the SP isn't going to move very much until Elon convinces the market that it's a no brainer as well. That should be doable if he makes public the same information he gave to the fund managers.

Read up on regulation FD.https://media2.mofo.com/documents/faqs-regulation-fd.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: Matias and Drax7
I've been consistently that their lead in automobiles is so large, that everything else like the whole solar panel thing is a distraction they don't need.

And we've consistently told you that Tesla isn't simply an automobile company. It's an automobile, tech, and energy company. So 'everything' else is not in fact a distraction, it's all part of the Secret Master Plan.

Tesla needs to pound the automobile market with focus.

No they don't. That's what YOU think they need to do. What THEY want to do is something entirely different.

Elon needs to be asking his retail team what went wrong in the last delivery cycle and what could be improved on the experience to make Model 3 launch even more compelling instead of burdening them with having to upsell a totally different product.

I'm quite sure he's already on it.

At this point we're still waiting for Tesla Energy to show up in the quarterly financials. So let's not get ahead of ourselves with product announcements that may fail to turn out any significant revenue for the next two years despite a product announcement that has everyone gushing. Instead let's see if Q3 will contain the first Tesla Energy sales with 50% margins.

What happens if the product announcement people are gushing about turns out to be automotive related? And what if it's ready to create revenue for the company in short order? Will you allow yourself to gush then since it would then apparently fit YOUR Tesla business plan? Or will you change your story again? (Totally rhetorical)

Everybody is in. Nothing is out. Q.E.D.

"The SolarCity representative said that technology the company developed with Silevo will still be used in the solar cells and modules, but it will combine its effort with Panasonic to manufacture them and the end product will still be a “SolarCity/Silevo module”.

So the 25 year old in Solarcity investor relations person is also an expert on this technology and is willing to divulge the truth?. You would need to be very close to the actual engineering to know if the Silveo IP has made a contribution or was a failure. Since the factory didn't launch as planned there is a real possibility that the tech is a failure or simply not important.

But it is all sunk cost anyways. The new solar roof selling in volume is what matters now. Solarcity/Tesla will continue to sell the low cost systems too.

• Disagree
Reactions: RobStark
There are 1,166,395 shares available for shorting at Fidelity, with continuing slide down in interest rate, down to 7.5%. It is obvious that availability of shares for shorting continue to grow.

As of 9:33am there were 1,583,803 shares available to short at Fidelity, interest continue to slide down, 7.255 today.

Last edited:
IB:

Screenshot 2016-10-18 08.41.21.png

So the 25 year old in Solarcity investor relations person is also an expert on this technology and is willing to divulge the truth?. You would need to be very close to the actual engineering to know if the Silveo IP has made a contribution or was a failure. Since the factory didn't launch as planned there is a real possibility that the tech is a failure or simply not important.

But it is all sunk cost anyways. The new solar roof selling in volume is what matters now. Solarcity/Tesla will continue to sell the low cost systems too.

Thank you for the info. From now on I will follow your posts here for the truth, provided that you will be willing to divulge it. :rolleyes:

With all the delays it's hard to keep track when TE is supposed to ramp up. My bad. Let's wait for Q4 then.

Your sarcasm is underwhelming. I'll expect your elation to be equally underwhelming when TE matches TA revenue in a fraction of the time. Let me start that post off for you;

I said it all along that Tesla should concentrate their efforts on their TE division. All the automotive stuff was just a distraction and they should get rid of it all.

Call me a cynic, but that seems exactly the kind of hedged statement SolarCity is good at to hide the house that is crumbling around them. O well, everyone reads things how it suits their view best, me included. Best case we still have to face the fact that Silevo tech is hardly exceptional given that a third party was independently doing similar work.
PV has been in a refinement stage for decades. "Exceptional" comes across as inappropriate in that industry. If someone used that word, we would expect a multi-year proving process, not turnkey manufacturing. You're mixing analogies.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
Status
Not open for further replies.