Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely agree. I wonder if he might have just come back from a long journey or some other event, perhaps explaining why he originally planned to start later.

After dealing with the BS that accompanied this week, we are all tired. Imagine if you were in his shoes! Kicked in the nut sack after having one of the best quarters ever. I have to replace my roof soon. We don't have solar city in Canada. I am hopeful that will change real quick.

So that is what Tesla Glass is. I thought it would be HUD or something like that.

Nice demo of dropping something on the various tiles. That alone will get the stock to 221. Imagine never having to replace a roof again (and dealing with broken tiles, I can tell you it is a pain)!

Did anyone else notice that they also had a really small version of the X in the driveway?! That is a signal of something!
Wasn't that just a Models S Radio Flyer Tesla?

Reactions: KLC13
Did you not listen to him? He said that they wanted to make a product that was cheaper than a conventional roof. It's just like the cars. It has to be a compelling product on all levels; looks, cost etc...
My guess is it will be cheaper than equivalent roof+ solar panels. This would be enough reasons for those who want a new roof and conventional solar anyway.
Hope they can come up with a price soon.

Would have really appreaciated knowing the following:

1. what the efficiency of these panels is compared to state of the art
2. how much energy you expect to generate (for one of the demo houses in LA). How many powerwalls does that energy translate into
3. how does installation of these solar tiles compare to regular shingles

Also, what was the whole deal about moving the event 1 hour early? What was the sun doing for this event?

I really enjoy Elon's presentations but man this one felt it could have been much better. Why no Q&A?

Shorts have a lot of new ammo to distribute more FUD after this I'm afraid...

But that Model 3 looked awesome as ever! Cant wait to get one of those :D

Reactions: stealthology
After dealing with the BS that accompanied this week, we are all tired. Imagine if you were in his shoes! Kicked in the nut sack after having one of the best quarters ever. I have to replace my roof soon. We don't have solar city in Canada. I am hopeful that will change real quick.

I expect you will just order from your Tesla store eventually. Will be interesting to see how they expand the network of installers beyond the existing Solar City base. This needs to go global.

googling for: "average household electricity bill"

I get:

"Average Monthly Electrical Bill by State – Updated Data. According to latest release from the U.S. Department of Energy – Energy Information Administration (EIA), the average residential monthly electric bill was $110.21 in 2013"

so if I buy a Powerwall for $5500 and have a solar roof installed... then it would take me 4 years to recoup that cost... so the question would be... how long does the battery last?

I thought it was short. But I'm still wrapping my head around 14 kWh/7 kW for the powerwall and 210 kWh/50 kW for the powerpack. Those are some impressive numbers. I don't see how they can do it without a *substantial* improvement in chemistry. (On top of using 21-70s.)

$5500 for PW 2.0 is a very good price and I expect margins will be very good with GF production. Will be interested to see how the new Powerpacks are priced.

Reactions: stealthology
Status
Not open for further replies.