Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope it doesn't: 170 is a bad number, don't know the details but it would wreck the merger as it stands
I am not saying Sell and Run. My portfolio is pretty heavy on TSLA too, and I am holding for a long term but here I am just giving my 2 cents, if you're looking to add or get in now, imo, lower prices are coming. I will start adding at $170 and below.

• Disagree
Reactions: Runarbt and Tenable
I am not saying Sell and Run. My portfolio is pretty heavy on TSLA too, and I am holding for a long term but here I am just giving my 2 cents, if you're looking to add or get in now, imo, lower prices are coming. I will start adding at $170 and below.

I understand what you mean, but my fear is that if we reach 170 before the merger happens (November 17), the agreement as it stands will be nullified.
Again, IANAL, so I'm happy to be proven wrong about it.

My takeaway from the call: ELON WAS PISSED OFF by the market reaction to the last couple of events.

OT: please people this thread is already stuffed with messages and keeping up is impossible. Don't post questions that can be answered by a 10 second google search please.

I don't think he is pissed off. I think he is stressed and wants the merger to be done. Explaining vast complexities in a few sentences is impossible

Reactions: Runarbt and FANGO
Re conference call: I find it hard to hear at times due to people turning away from their mikes, and so on. I think that sometimes they miss the intent of some questions, sometimes because they are so basic. Overall seems to be positive news ... but I do not know if the analysts heard it or understood it. The NY plant seems like a no brainer to me ... a great asset. Joining with Panasonic is excellent move too, both because Panasonic is carrying a lot of the investment load, but also because the two leaders of the solar cell technology are joing forces to make the best product. EM was quite reassuring about the cost of the new roof tiles, and the fact that multiple layers of middlemen are being collapsed, so prices should be better.

Reactions: MitchJi and Runarbt
soooo.......who's selling....?

We are in after market so we are sure this isn't retail. I really feel like the stock is being manipulated a lot in the last couple of days. All signs point to institutional investors doing their best to drive the mood of the market. Stock crashes significantly after market open / at the end of the CC call.

Of course this would not be happening if we weren't in fragile ground with the stock. But at the moment the uncertainty is opening the door to stock manipulation.

Pushing TSLA down now will make it harder for analysts to publish upbeat PTs. Makes it riskier to set a PT significantly above current price.

• Informative
Reactions: Runarbt and Papafox
Wow, terrible call. Seemed like both sides were speaking over each other's heads.

I think Elon is approaching the SCTY acquisition as mainly a product move... meaning, a move toward an integrated solar generation and storage product. To him in the bigger picture, it makes sense and it's the right thing to do. However, analysts are looking at the SCTY acquisition mainly through a financial risk lens... wanting concrete numbers so they can understand the risk better. They view TSLA as a risky company/stock already, and they want to know how this acquisition affects the challenges and risks ahead for TSLA.

Tesla has chosen to give generalized numbers, but they aren't detailed enough to be credible for analysts. Analysts don't care much about how great an integrated solar/storage product will be. They'd rather have a 100-page detailed document deconstructing every portion of SCTY debt positions in an objective manner. But it doesn't look like they're going to get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.