Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
130 CPO cars? I don't think a marginal loss of value on 130 cars will have a material effect on anything and in any case Tesla vehicles have consistently had less depreciation than comparable models.

I would predict that significance of those CPO cars on the bottom line will be equivalent to the oft forgotten mouse nuts. Denmark on the other hand probably is more equivalent to vole nuts, but I couldn't say for sure since I'm not up on all financial technical terms.

OK, on the chance you want to understand, I'll explain it differently.

It's too early to predict whether guidance can be achieved, but the demand contraction in Denmark means the rest of the markets have to do much better.

Ah, ye ole demand be ith a problem theory. Some day. I don't know when. Probably long after people are on Mars. This one will be put to bed and a whole lot of people will be having a crowfest.

Followup from yesterday:

"Tesla Chairman and CEO Elon Musk joins CNBC from the Baron Conference for an interview at 11 a.m. ET on "Squawk Alley.""

Billionaire Ron Baron: I could make 30-50 times my money on Tesla over next 15 years

Another interesting tidbit from the video is that Baron mentioned that the battery cost was $22K when he started his investment, and $18K now. Trying to parse this info, starting with the current cost of $18K he has to be talking about cost of the largest avaialble battery pack - 100kWh, because using the 90kWh battery would yield $200/kWh, which is higher than $190/kWh figure released by Tesla. So assuming that $18K cost is for 100kWh pack yields $180/kWh, consistent with Tesla's statement that TA battery pack cost is less than $190/kWh.

Before market open, TSLA went up because people know Elon is going to talk in TV.
Right after open, arbitrage worked because ISS recommends FOR the merger. I guess hat's why SCTY is up big, TSLA is down big, in such a short time.

Edit: I know most of you are joking with the ISS in sky. In case someone doesn't know. ISS is Institutional Shareholder Services.

Also think about what Ron Baron is saying, that's exactly what we have been talking about for a long time.
30~50 fold in the next 15 years. If I lose one dollar in trading today, I know I actually lost $20. (discount the future $30~50 to today).

Last edited:
I don't take Fidelity's "available for shorting" figures literally, but guess that they probably give a directional clue. My TSLA shares have been available for shorting on Fidelity for the last couple of weeks with no takers. This includes times when Fidelity said that there was no availability.

May be the reason that your shares did not have takers IS because they show 0 availability on their trading screen. :)

Note that the ISS recommendation is a much bigger deal than a regular analyst recommendation. From Wikipedia: "Hedge funds, mutual funds and similar organizations that own shares of multiple companies pay ISS to advise (and often vote their shares) regarding share holder votes." So, if ISS agrees, then it seems that it very likely goes through.

you ever open up a chart?... why don't you take the 15 year vision goggles off for a second and look at what the stock and company is actually doing?

Why doesn't he? Well, that would be because what's happening in this very moment doesn't mean anything to his 15 year vision goggles. He sees the light at the end of the tunnel. You? Not so much. But hey, that's okay because this is the short term thread, so carry on.

It's also a very old bear argument. Tesla and Elon have admitted the X was messed up at launch. They've been fixing it and making it better ever since.

My only point is that it is a valid entry on the list of verifiable Tesla Motors oopsy-daisies. Minor and now in the past. Does not imply that TM is a bad company. Fixing it is the right move, but it verifies the Bear point that the foldgate was real.

(crowd tentatively lowers their pitchforks)

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3 and EinSV
Status
Not open for further replies.