Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From that:
"The writing is on the wall," PSAC's president Mark Salkeld said to CBC News. "Whether or not you believe in the climate change argument — doesn't matter. The fact is, renewables, alternatives, other energy resources are coming."
So, this is very similar to how I would explain it to Trump (I would leave out the emphasis on the climate change argument, and let others do that).

Well, why didn't they fold from the start then? I figure it is one of 2 things: 1) they flat ran out of time 2) Elon or someone made a call that people really didn't care that much about folding seats.

I am very happy that they are doing this, that they can improve and/or admit they were wrong. But this is still a valid Bear argument: They messed up at launch.

First of all we know there have been seat issues with their supplier for years now. We then saw Tesla finally decide to do seats in house when there was yet another issue with the Model X seats. So yeah, they flat out ran out of time to do folding seats. But come on, you HAD to know that Tesla would eventually do folding seats for the X. It was just a matter of time for them to get their in house stuff set up. Tesla always makes it right and they always listen to their customers.

Let me join the chorus on the Denmark deliveries. TSLA's delay of U.S. deliveries until December indicates that demand is robust, with or without good Denmark deliveries in Q4. We don't have a demand issue this quarter.

While I believe that Tesla won't have a demand issue this quarter, especially with the AP2 and folding second row demand levers pulled, I don't think we can read as much into the delay of U.S. deliveries as in prior quarters. While the factory was shut down for 1 week, there were 3-4 weeks when few if any custom configured cars were produced. This is because starting in late September Tesla was primarily building AP1 cars for inventory in anticipation of switching the factory to AP2 hardware in mid-October. Unlike in previous product enhancement cycles, Tesla did not want to disappoint a large number of customers by delivering them AP1 hardware right before or even after the AP2 announcement. So in early October a December U.S. delivery quote for a custom ordered S or X was really equivalent to a November delivery from an order backlog standpoint.

In addition to increasing customer satisfaction with this approach, it also shows the flexibility Tesla now has in building a mix of custom ordered cars and inventory cars. And yes, the inventory AP1 cars may be sold at a discount later this quarter, but as we saw in Q3 this does not have a big negative effect on gross margin.

• Love
Reactions: MitchJi
Well, why didn't they fold from the start then? I figure it is one of 2 things: 1) they flat ran out of time 2) Elon or someone made a call that people really didn't care that much about folding seats.

I am very happy that they are doing this, that they can improve and/or admit they were wrong. But this is still a valid Bear argument: They messed up at launch.

Good points, but... there's no better problem like a fixed problem. The bears can celebrate all they want, along with the historians who dwell on what Tesla used to do. Model X sales have been "off the hook" :) so even with the problem, things were fine for sales, record revenues, deliveries and profits, finally.

If you ask me, they need to do it RIGHT and still haven't managed it yet. They need to offer middle and rear rows as folding options, and the stretch goal would to have removable seat rows, to turn the Model X cargo area into a cave!

SCTY up 9% (with no end in sight, probably a 10%+ day), TSLA up 1.6%, arbitration gap is getting crushed!

All my other stocks are up. Good day, I can't complain.

Gah. Got out of my SCTY options for this week's expiry at 19.75 for a $33 loss (was nearly $1000 loss yesterday). Should have held on a bit longer.

Quite the closing of the arb gap today though. I'm sure the only logical explanation for it to close that much is big banks finally deciding to jump on that bandwagon - which is a great sign for the likelihood of the merger going through.

Reactions: Runarbt
It would not surprise me at all if that were the case.
I'm pretty sure I would be more surprised if it *isn't* the case.

Standing behind sockpuppet names like "Montana Skeptic" instead of putting your real name behind what you have to say is one of many hallmarks of people with malicious intent.

Never mind the herculean logic leaps and mathematical gymnastics required to reach the conclusions some of these clowns reach.

Why is solar city up over 5% premarket?

This is a serious question. Don't get me wrong I think it's hugely undervalued as a company but did I miss some news?

NRG had a great quarter and raised guidance (despite what the headline says): NRG Energy (NRG) Tops on Q3 Earnings, Trims 2016 Outlook

google finance showed both shooting up this morning (11% for NRG, and 8% for scty), so some algobot probably has them related. After that it seems we've got short-covering to carry scty higher. not a technician so just my opinion on what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.