Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much in sync...

TSLA :

upload_2016-11-15_16-2-32.png

SCTY :

upload_2016-11-15_16-3-39.png

upload_2016-11-15_16-15-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-15_16-3-15.png
    upload_2016-11-15_16-3-15.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Slipping this one in, hopefully Audie doesn't notice, not really off topic, kinda "on topic". The noise maker on EV's may raise stock prices! Imagine you're at non EV person walking across the mall parking lot. At this point here in California where we have lots and lots of EV's, common folks hearing that "EV buzz" will suddenly be aware of just how many people already have EV's. "Hmm...there's a lot of EV's around, maybe I want one too!" It will likely be one more stimulus to spark the car buyer's interest!

Reactions: GoTslaGo
As ever, I'm going to step here and say what I always say: same team. The Bolt will benefit EVs in general, which will benefit Tesla, not harm it. Yes we can complain about GM's sales/lobbying tactics, but this is a good car which provides competition for ICE, not for EVs. And I've ridden in one, and it's the best non-Tesla car I've been in. That helps us.

Meh. Not really the same team. GM wants Tesla to go away so they don't have to build EVs. *We* might know what just happened is good for all of us in the long run, but the other side is thinking we threw the ball over the middle and watched our wide receiver get leveled and their cheering their butts off. I'm okay with that because our wide receiver got up holding the ball for the first down. We're driving down the field and will drag their entire defense over the goal line with our running back.

it could do better than the Leaf, but they only have battery supply for about 30,000 Bolts per year. I'm very very confident there's way more than 30,000 people who are going to find themselves on a multiyear wait for the Model 3. if GM really was enthusiastic about going after EVs they could pick up far more than 30,000 people from the supply shortage of Model 3s (not to mention join the SuperCharger network, and roll out another long range BEV that realistically can be compared to the Model 3 in terms of class of car at a similar price). all that said, better GM made this car than not, so congratulations to them.
I know a place, and it's even in the US, they can buy lots of batteries in a few months if they're interested. Maybe I can broker a deal for them? ;-)

Reactions: gene
I know a place, and it's even in the US, they can buy lots of batteries in a few months if they're interested. Maybe I can broker a deal for them? ;-)
GM wouldn't know what to do with them if it could get its hands on them. It should really be called the LG Bolt, since LG did pretty much all of the heavy lifting - its LG batteries, LG motor, LG electronics and Chevy Chassis.

Does anyone know when the merger vote results will be announced and how we will be informed of the outcome?
Nobody knows for sure, but I expect the result will be headline news Friday morning, after the shareholder meetings in the evening on Thursday. Tesla and SolarCity have been on the war path to get this thing done since the first announcement of intention. You might even see 4Q16 results as a combined company.

Slipping this one in, hopefully Audie doesn't notice, not really off topic, kinda "on topic". The noise maker on EV's may raise stock prices! Imagine you're at non EV person walking across the mall parking lot. At this point here in California where we have lots and lots of EV's, common folks hearing that "EV buzz" will suddenly be aware of just how many people already have EV's. "Hmm...there's a lot of EV's around, maybe I want one too!" It will likely be one more stimulus to spark the car buyer's interest!
Everytime I see mention of this I think maybe we should just attach baseball cards to the wheel spokes.

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
Does anyone know when the merger vote results will be announced and how we will be informed of the outcome?
From Electrek:
Tesla will hold its special meeting of stockholders at its own Page Avenue Facility in Fremont. It will start at 1pm local time.
SolarCity’s special meeting of stockholders will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Foster City, California, just two hours before Tesla’s meeting – 11am local time.

I would expect the results to be available on ir.tesla.com immediately after the meeting concludes.

I personally know someone who did. Data point nullified.
Agreed; the AP1 cars will sell no problem. Prediction time - I bet there's a lease special starting in about a week. Tesla is in a bunch of malls and the biggest shopping day of the year in the US is Nov 25 (Black Friday). Tesla stores will see a ton of foot traffic.

Leases make perfect sense for AP1 cars - something to get people in the Tesla ecosystem at a modest discount, while the AP2 software is not yet mature. By the time these folks come out of their leases, AP2 cars will be hard to resist as they will be at or near full self-driving by that time. Those inventory cars made in the first couple weeks of October will be sold in Q4.

You might even see 4Q16 results as a combined company.
They will be required to present GAAP results for Q4 as a combined company because that will be the only company that legally exists after a successful merger vote. How they choose to break out the lines of business in their financial reporting and what additional non-GAAP metrics get disclosed remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.