Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"....... with solid support at the strike price of $187.50 which marked a double bottom today. A lift from here could induce much short covering and purchases from longs who have been holding back while awaiting the start of a rise."

Curt -agreed that this could be a point for the rise to occur. And hopefully the double bottom you pointed out today represents much more than that. When I was watching for another entry point to add to my long position almost a couple months ago, PapaFox suggested we might be heading to 180 if we fell through 200, and I wasn't sure why. But after looking at the chart I held out until I finally added yesterday (Thanks for saving me $11/share Papa!). If you take a look at the long term chart (I know....on a short term thread...sorry), and plot a line from the time of Tesla take off around March 15, 2013 at $35 through the low of $151 in Feb 16, 2016 you will see that it creates a support line for $185 on November 18th and the price of $187.5 that you suggested today. We can only wait and see, but it also speaks to the confidence that some have been willing to trade in and out of around this price as a potential new base, and for me (for the moment) it helps explain why the big players might have been willing to wait on the sidelines for so long despite all the good news we have had. Thanks for your insightful comments on this thread.

Attachments

• Tesla Chart 11 30 2016.pdf
    138 KB · Views: 53
upload_2016-11-30_14-29-41.png

Once the media stop repeating outdated and inaccurate or already addressed FUD, we could see a substantial rally into early next year.

When do you think this will happen, Curt? -- that the media will stop repeating outdated and inaccurate or already addressed FUD? In the three plus years, that I have followed Tesla, I have not seen signs of this stopping anytime soon. On the contrary, the resentful blizzard of FUD, misinfo, and vitriol seems to have been steadily growing, with an apparently coordinated increase in volume and intensity over the last few months. Anti-Tesla FUD-slingers are found in every major media outlet. They tend to echo each other, and have never corrected a single "error" in their statements, to my knowledge. What will cause it to stop? Perhaps, at some point the FUD echo simply becomes ineffective?

Tesla Wins Right to Operate Dealerships in Richmond, Va.
Virginia decision allows auto maker to expand sales locations ahead of Tesla Model 3 launch
By
TIM HIGGINS WSJ
Nov. 30, 2016 5:24 p.m. ET

Tesla Motors Inc., facing opposition from the owners of car dealerships, is now eligible to operate its own stores in Richmond, Va., the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles commissioner ruled on Wednesday.

Here's a pretty good Bloomberg piece about Tesla FUD. I think we're reaching a turning point where casual investors are becoming more aware of negative Tesla coverage and will be less affected by it.

Funny.
So his "reporting" is that he has suspicions and that "I am not able to connect all the dots" - but he didn't even mention two dots that he was trying to connect.

Question: are they making stuff up?
Answer: (long winded) they are expressing negative opinions and reposting negative articles (in other words, no evidence of making things up)

By the way, he uses the phrase "fake op-ed" Isn't an op-ed an opinion piece (vs. a news piece)?
How is he proving that it is a fake opinion?

This is so meta. A negative story about suspicions with no facts about a shadowy group of people who are negative but are not citing any incorrect facts.

This is like dividing by zero.

GM does not make money on Sonic and Cruz at $16k. They lose money.

They sell them to meet CAFE obligations in order to sell full size pickups and SUVs. Here they make $10k-$50k( loaded Escalade Platinum) per unit

So their higher sticker price cars with fat margins make them the money to invest in a smaller electric car at accessible prices? Sounds like I heard that business plan before!

So their higher sticker price cars with fat margins make them the money to invest in a smaller electric car at accessible prices? Sounds like I heard that business plan before!
You mean it is the reverse of Teslas business plans - GM makes small econobox/electric cars at a loss in order to make gas guzzling high margin monsters.

Their fat margin cars make the money to buy BEV kits from LG to make the minimum required ZEV so they can continue to sell as many fat pollution cars as they can.

Tesla is going to make money on the smaller, lower priced car, and they are going to build the lower priced car at volume. They aren't just building their small efficient cars at the minimum required numbers to meet regulation, like other companies.

This is the problem -- GM is only building those cars to satisfy regulation. They don't appear to have a business model for actually transitioning away from polluting, low-efficiency ICE products. Their business model is dependent on selling low-efficiency vehicles.

That Virignia decision is supremely good news; go to this thread to learn the wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am smackdown of the Commissioner against the VADA lobby's efforts: Tesla allowed to open Richmond VA location

Sorry got to repeat per VADA "Strap on whatever it takes..." REALLY?? LMAO. Guess the dealers are used to sending customers to the ice block after a visit.

Sadly, the political climate in Oz is not conducive to introducing stronger climate laws. Our prime minister (Malcolm Turnbull) sold his soul to the hard right faction of our centre right party (confusingly named the Liberals) to get his position and will never betray them because he knows it means his job. The hard right faction is heavily supported by the mining industry which includes a lot of coal miners.

That being said, we only have 25m people and emit around 1.5% of global emissions - so even if we were 100% green it would have virtually no impact on the warming of the oceans and destruction of the reef. Only the big global players can make a difference.

Great to have someone from OZ, corals are very sensitive to fluctuations in temperature. A 1-2 degree difference can ultimately mean disaster. Although 25,000,000 Ozzies would equate to only .0025% of the world's population, this means Australia is absorbing coal at a very astounding pace. Given that the coral reef tourism industry makes up $5 billion of revenue per year for Australia, it can spell disaster to other businesses related to tourism. I hope your prime minister would reconsider as Australia has some of the world's most precious and highly sought after corals.

If Ozzies went 100% green, it would mean a reduction of about .05 - 1 degree to the rise of global temperature, as it stands, every little bit counts helps...

Tesla is not here to make changes overnight, we're hear making progress one car at a time.

This is the problem -- GM is only building those cars to satisfy regulation. They don't appear to have a business model for actually transitioning away from polluting, low-efficiency ICE products. Their business model is dependent on selling low-efficiency vehicles.
Their problem is that the Bolt is not a compelling car.You'd need to be an idiot to choose a Bolt, instead of an M3. GM doesn't even appear to be able to comprehend that simple fact.

Tesla haas raised the bar (thank you Elon!), and a BEV version of a Prius isn't going to cut it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.