Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you write is true but don't give DNC a pass for their (deplorable) hubris and media for valuing a story by how many views it got.

I don't give them a pass. They need to be responsible for their actions as well. But let's face it, if we as individuals didn't give them the views they'd come up with something different to get the views. Eventually we'd behavior them right into correctness, ethics and morality.

Reactions: CatB
I like how he said there is no chain of command. Call me directly. Hopefully Elon will have a direct line to Trump that will actually get answered.
I like how he basically said Thiel was in charge of the whole gathering. Trump seems to be relying heavily on him for all matters technology. Probably why Elon is getting a more private meeting.

I just purchased shares on Fidelity, and after the buy was filled, I got a notification of a wash sale. When I look at my tax info, it looks to be due to the fractional shares of TSLA that I had when the SCTY merger went through. Do I need to do anything with this or does it just erase a super tiny loss I could have taken on that conversion? Thanks, and apologies for being off-topic :(

8VgBGIP.jpg

Outside of emotional predictions that we will shoot through MA's without knowing where they are. Does anyone have a thoughtful reason to believe we will hold 202 or move higher prior to delivery numbers? Also, barring a very significant delivery beat, does anyone believe that hitting guidance will move us north?

I am quite surprised by this move over the last couple of days. I see the news we've received as bullish, though, no more bullish than much of what we have seen over the last month or two. I strongly felt we wouldn't move significantly prior to the ER. For the moment I am once again on the wrong side of short term predictions. I'd love to hear the thoughts of others.

Edit: While we have moved over the last couple days, I recognize we are still within the trading range we've seemingly been frozen in.

AP2.0 Launch this week being more significant than currently assumed
Trump making highly positive statements about musk/tesla
Large Powerpack/Solar installation annoucements

Im sure there are potentially others. Tesla/Musk has been strangely quiet as of late. Could be reading too much into it, but could also easily be signs of a big announcement on the horizon.

Bollocks! I forgot about that happening today. But I bet this was pretty much priced in already.

Investors really need to mark FOMC announcement days on their calendars. The same for monthly options expiration days, especially Triple Witching Days like the one that will occur on Friday. The latter mark the major quarterly expirations of stock index futures, stock index options and individual stock options. As of yesterday's market closing, the max pain options strike price for Tesla is $200. If that remains the case, then at least through the close on Friday, hedge funds and market makers will likely want to keep the share price at or slightly below $200. If they can't do it, then we may be truly off to the races.

Status
Not open for further replies.