Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy that EM agreed to come to NYC to meet with the President elect. I agree with the sentiment that this meeting was good for EM/TM, and therefor, TSLA. EM/TM are in a position to be loved by both Democrates/Replublicans. There are still very deep pocketed interests aligned against them which is the only negative I can see.

Good luck to all longs.

I am considering changing my buy targets from the 170 bottom or 210 (be there or be square) about to take off spot, to 'now'. I will think this over tonight but very well may add to my stock and J19 LEAPS. Entering analysis/paralysis phase:cool:;)

-
I don't give them a pass. They need to be responsible for their actions as well. But let's face it, if we as individuals didn't give them the views they'd come up with something different to get the views. Eventually we'd behavior them right into correctness, ethics and morality.

That's exactly what happened - enough people - who did not like Hillary or liked Bernie did not vote or voted for third party - sent a powerful message to DNC.

And, DNC got the message - loud and clear - that the problem was...Russia and young voters who don't know they supposed to vote for lesser evil.

There are still very deep pocketed interests aligned against them which is the only negative I can see.

The good thing is that China is betting heavily on electric cars and rightly so, the technology will be, in the long run, cheaper, takes pollution out of megacities and solves the integration of very and in the future very very cheap wind and solar power

China aims to race ahead of everyone in electrics and autonomous vehicles, according to a massive new planning document that surfaced last week in Beijing.

Pure electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (China calls them "new energy vehicles" or NEVs) are expected to account for 40 percent of 38 million sales in 2030, or about 15 million units.

Imagine: Fifteen million electric vehicles! America's entire vehicle market this year - with record low interest rates and sky-high incentives - will reach just 17 million.

China's Automotive 2030 Blueprint: No. 1 Globally In EVs, Autonomous Cars

So trying to kill Tesla now is probably meaningless, Tesla showed the world that electric cars are a possible, Pandora's box is open, the fight is lost

I am happy that EM agreed to come to NYC to meet with the President elect. I agree with the sentiment that this meeting was good for EM/TM, and therefor, TSLA. EM/TM are in a position to be loved by both Democrates/Replublicans. There are still very deep pocketed interests aligned against them which is the only negative I can see.

Good luck to all longs.

I am considering changing my buy targets from the 170 bottom or 210 (be there or be square) about to take off spot, to 'now'. I will think this over tonight but very well may add to my stock and J19 LEAPS. Entering analysis/paralysis phase:cool:;)

Sell ATM puts, at least as far out as J18 and you get your $170 buy price if shares get put to you, but you get to jump on the train now and profit from the puts losing value if SP rises.

I admit I bought a bunch of weekly 200 calls today. My cost basis is currently rotten but the action, if positive should be tomorrow and Friday.

I need a shower after betting on Trump to do something good.

But I see the pieces in place for some sort of positive. Nominally positive is Trump painting Elon/TM/Spacex in a favorable light if just in a comment. Very positive is him pointing out that Elon is leading the charge in 21st century manufacturing job creation.

Elon there is more than we could have dreamt a short while ago.
Lets hear it now from the nattering nabobs of negativism

What, GM, Ford, Chrysler CEOs weren't there? Oh yeah, their businesses aren't technology based. Well... maybe a wee bit; in a rubbing 2 sticks together to make fire kind of way. :cool:

That Tesla was represented there today by Elon Musk, speaks volumes regarding the nature of this company. You could say that the future was represented, and the past was not.

Here is a list of military officers purged during the first 5 years of the Obama administration because they did not agree politically with Obama. The number of military officers "retired" in the prime of their careers is unprecedented in US history.

Wrong. There's lots of precedent. In the run-up to World War II, FDR and George Marshall deliberately "retired" nearly *every* high-level officer. And there's a good reason for this. Anyone who was around during World War I had a strong tendency to be "fighting the last war". He needed officers with new thinking.

This was also the practice of Lincoln; although the US didn't really have a standing army at the time, he sacked generals *constantly* until he found ones who were *competent* for the war which they were actually fighting.

I'm absolutely in favor of sacking careerist military officers. The only mistake: we should have sacked hundreds, nay, thousands more. These are the guys who can't win a war. New thinking is required, and they don't have it. The army should not, in fact, be a career, at least not for high-level officers -- they should have day jobs during peacetime, like they all did through the whole 19th and early 20th century. Every war is wildly different from the last one and the people who have lots of experience in the last war are most likely completely incompetent to strategize for the current war.

The US had a unique method of operation, where we set up a new military for each war, pretty much, until the Cold War. And the US won every war it got into. The Cold War changed all that; it gave us a military-industrial complex, an establishment; and since then, we tied in Korea and lost in nearly every subsequent war. The Cold War has been over since the 1990s; it's time to clean out the military so that a fresh, lean, new military can approach the current military problems of the world through *fresh eyes*.

Sorry to go off topic, but I couldn't let your false statement go unchallenged. We used to purge the military of highly decorated deadwood *all the time* in this country.

Last edited:
List of companies by 2015 revenue at Trump meeting (in billions):

Apple: 216
Microsoft: 94
IBM: 82
Google: 75
Cisco: 49
Intel: 55
Oracle: 38
Facebook: 18
Tesla: 4

This clearly show how highly Trump regards Elon Musk and Tesla. (At the recommendation of Peter Thiel I'm sure but still)

Remember that Musk was not only representing Tesla today. SpaceX as well. What would the 2015 revenues of all Musk's enterprises be? Anyone?

• Love
Reactions: callmesam
Reactions: sundaymorning
Status
Not open for further replies.