Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion:

As many people from TMC as possible should contact a local GM dealer to inquire about when the Bolt will be available and post the response they get on here. Based on the comments I've seen posted on here I suspect we'll see a few very funny responses. :D

Maybe this will confuse GM into thinking demand is much higher than it is?

Amazingly some analysts still think vehicles based on the Chevy Bolt platform will have statistically significant market share by 2020. :rolleyes:

Wow. Things are really quiet on here today. Did the trolls finally decide to return to their caves?
I was thinking that too.

I repositioned myself today, adding some OTM Jan'17 calls to hopefully take advantage of a continued rise and trading some stock for Mar'17 200 Calls to try and magnify the gains I anticipate over the next couple weeks without taking on too much additional risk.

I'm really hoping that
a) Delivery numbers are as good as VIN counting would suggest they might be
b) Jan 4 GF event puts the final nails in the coffin of the GF-as-Potemkin-Village argument and shows cells flying off the line.
c) that Delivery announcement also includes data about TE taking off.

Has anyone made any kind of synthetic indicator out of "max pain" options expiry prices?
As only a buy/sell/DCA/etc it SEEMS that max pain is almost forced by MM's to keep their 'book balanced'
perhaps as an EMA or WMA. before i re-re-reinvent the wheel any suggestions are always appreciated.
(hi noise/lo signal or vice versa) or ignore things out more than x dates, etc. since options writers are theoretically more astute/greater knowledge/etc an indicator based on 'max pain' would at first glance seem to be of some higher weight for short/longer? term price forcasts.
Max Pain | Maximum-Pain.com

Has anyone made any kind of synthetic indicator out of "max pain" options expiry prices?
As only a buy/sell/DCA/etc it SEEMS that max pain is almost forced by MM's to keep their 'book balanced'
perhaps as an EMA or WMA. before i re-re-reinvent the wheel any suggestions are always appreciated.
(hi noise/lo signal or vice versa) or ignore things out more than x dates, etc. since options writers are theoretically more astute/greater knowledge/etc an indicator based on 'max pain' would at first glance seem to be of some higher weight for short/longer? term price forcasts.
Max Pain | Maximum-Pain.com
Do you mean an indicator that looks at the max-pain over multiple future expiries in order to attempt to predict some trajectory for the SP? I doubt it would be of much value.

California: Uber Self-Driving Cars Pulled Amid Traffic Violations | Democracy Now!

California has ordered Uber to remove self-driving vehicles from the streets of San Francisco, after the car service company defied regulators and began a pilot program that saw the automated cars break traffic laws and endanger lives. Sixteen of the company’s high-tech vehicles had their registrations revoked on Wednesday, after they were spotted running red lights, blocking intersections and turning illegally across bike lanes. Uber had already been ordered not to deploy the self-driving cars, but defied the order in a move that the company called an "important issue of principle.

• Informative
Reactions: Gerardf
California: Uber Self-Driving Cars Pulled Amid Traffic Violations | Democracy Now!

California has ordered Uber to remove self-driving vehicles from the streets of San Francisco, after the car service company defied regulators and began a pilot program that saw the automated cars break traffic laws and endanger lives. Sixteen of the company’s high-tech vehicles had their registrations revoked on Wednesday, after they were spotted running red lights, blocking intersections and turning illegally across bike lanes. Uber had already been ordered not to deploy the self-driving cars, but defied the order in a move that the company called an "important issue of principle.

I don't get why Uber is showing such an extraordinarily adamant bad behavior?

The choice they have seem to be rather simple:
a) Register under the AV program and follow the protocol - like 20 others did
b) Simply don't call yourself self-driving. Call it driver-assist or some other sugar - like Tesla is doing

What am I missing? Why is this so hard?

Just watching the stock and trying not to jinx it.

Unbelievable.... You jinxed it!!

upload_2016-12-22_17-15-0.png

arrow pointing to when you posted

Unbelievable.... You jinxed it!!

View attachment 207212

arrow pointing to when you posted
Ehhh. I'm still feeling like this is within the pattern that @myusername posted several times over the last two weeks. We've been trading roughly flat until we run into the trendline rising at ~$10/week (which is currently in the 206-207 territory), and when we hit the trendline, we've popped about $5-8.

If this pattern continues, we should trade flat near 208 until sometime tomorrow or monday.

Do you mean an indicator that looks at the max-pain over multiple future expiries in order to attempt to predict some trajectory for the SP? I doubt it would be of much value.
yes, that.
I look at it a number of times every day, up to 3 months out to get an idea, (about 8 data points) if any, about what "pro's" think since it would seem from a very cursory look 'maxpain' would be a convergence point. so far, from looking i see no pattern emerging except "nobody knows" and dont want to expend a lot of effort on something that doesnt exist except as an illusion, since humans can see patterns and correlations where none really exist.

Reactions: neroden
yes, that.
I look at it a number of times every day, up to 3 months out to get an idea, (about 8 data points) if any, about what "pro's" think since it would seem from a very cursory look 'maxpain' would be a convergence point. so far, from looking i see no pattern emerging except "nobody knows" and dont want to expend a lot of effort on something that doesnt exist except as an illusion, since humans can see patterns and correlations where none really exist.
All I can see is that based on the price of various options out in March - the market seems to think a BIG move one way or the other is coming down the pipe in the 4Q16 ER.

I don't get why Uber is showing such an extraordinarily adamant bad behavior?

The choice they have seem to be rather simple:
a) Register under the AV program and follow the protocol - like 20 others did
b) Simply don't call yourself self-driving. Call it driver-assist or some other sugar - like Tesla is doing

What am I missing? Why is this so hard?

Condition of getting that permit is to share back data of each manual intervention of operator.

Uber obviously doesn't wan to do it, so much they pulled out of SF. Their program is either that good, or that bad.

They may be getting ready for IPO and don't want to spook investors who may start tracking number of manual interventions per interval in the future, in order to 'measure progress' of self-driving. You know someone is gonna do it. This is issue similar to what Tesla experiences, every little nugget of info takes a life of its own. Similar reasons: their rate of progress is stellar and they want to keep it quiet, or they've hit the wall, and again want to keep it quiet before IPO.

Summary: Uber wants to hide state of their system and/or rate of progress...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.