Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are considering pursuing the shared mobility business in a way AJ envisions at all, it would be inconceivable for them to NOT have a variant of Model 3 designed specifically for this business. The question is whether they will choose to talk about this during or shortly after the event. If they do, it would be something that is not widely expected and could have some profound impact on SP (as well as gratification of AJ's ego...)
IMO the chances of EM bringing this up are close to zero. Definitely zero impact on the SP IMO, until they get close to full autonomy.

Since I started ignoring wombats fantasies I'm happy with the thread contents.

Reactions: Tenable
IMO the chances of EM bringing this up are close to zero. Definitely zero impact on the SP IMO, until they get close to full autonomy.

Are you saying TM can't produce an amazing vehicle at an unprecedented price point with demand it can't meet for years.. AND include a free power wall?!? But but WHY NOT??

Agreed. I'm starting to enjoy the forum again as the noise begins to fade. Hopefully as the community grows we will gain more in the way of thoughtful insights and less.. long winded TM based fantasy / fiction.

Absolutely will not happen:
1) autonomy talk
2) "alt" vehicles, cuv or anything
3) freaking "toteboard" of reservation numbers. That that has shown up more than once is crazy.

Absolutely will happen:
1) Show one smaller sedan with 1-2 feature points and rough specs and pricing
2) A lot of time on features that are widely expected like AP features and safety.

Maybe but don't get your hopes up:
1) battery pack size options
2) model S refresh comments (This might happen if there is some really compelling feature/design cue on the 3 and not mentioning it's incorporation in the S would seem odd). In particular if the 3 has the model X "face" it will cause questions about the now-dated S styling.
3) Comment about Q2 shipments, which would be a few days ahead of schedule. I highly doubt this since the context would be strange.

Latest California Rebate Statistics for Tesla till Mar 23. Jan: 588, Feb:482, Mar:107. It seems, Tesla is delivering most of the cars in the last week or two, and so this has become less relevant. I will stop posting this.
CVRP Rebate Statistics

CVRP_mar23_2016.JPG

Reactions: hiroshiy
Absolutely will not happen:
1) autonomy talk
2) "alt" vehicles, cuv or anything
3) freaking "toteboard" of reservation numbers. That that has shown up more than once is crazy.

Absolutely will happen:
1) Show one smaller sedan with 1-2 feature points and rough specs and pricing
2) A lot of time on features that are widely expected like AP features and safety.

Maybe but don't get your hopes up:
1) battery pack size options
2) model S refresh comments (This might happen if there is some really compelling feature/design cue on the 3 and not mentioning it's incorporation in the S would seem odd). In particular if the 3 has the model X "face" it will cause questions about the now-dated S styling.
3) Comment about Q2 shipments, which would be a few days ahead of schedule. I highly doubt this since the context would be strange.

If anything Tesla has been more strict lately about what type of information goes where, the last CC for example they were clear about Tesla being more of a black box going forward. So I expect Model 3 reveal to be about the Model 3 car and not about reservation numbers and other financials. I guess there is a small chance of some information about upcoming Model S changes but I think that chance is low.

I agree, and that's largely why I don't much post anymore.

I'm not sure why this would be the behavior (not targetting you Fluxcap) but generally just wondering, maybe this is a self fulfilling prophecy? Too much non-short term post so I won't post any short term related post.

Flip the argument the other way, " Whelp, not too much short term related post to digest here so I'll just post my musings in the mean time."

Me, I just scroll down until I find the discussion I am interested in. But please, keep on posting your valuable short term related insights. I have gained a lot from these.

Omg, it dropped $2 just now.

Well, that was crazy. I thought I would get in on the action because it had staying power and right when my order filled it slowed down. I had to discount the gain hugely, only pennies on the dollar rather than the many dollars I could have gotten if I weren't in the courthouse distracted with matters of law, and ended up only making a few hundred bucks. A gain is a gain :):oops:

Last edited:
I still think upper 230's are quite possible between now and intro... I've been looking at AAPL patterns as a clue, but the importance of this intro to TSLA is far and above pretty much any product intro was to AAPL in the past decade, even iPhone related ones.

If you look through this article, you'll see that the street is really terrible at understanding Apple:

How Does Apple Stock React To Product Releases?

Here's another list:

Daring Fireball: Apple's Stock Price After Product Announcements

Note the iPhone introduction... January 9, 2007.

Of course, AAPL is a much bigger company and their stock doesn't move as quickly, so it isn't the magnitude I'm looking at, it's the pattern.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SBenson
I think you're right the reveal will not cover other issues not Model 3 market related. There is a Q1 report coming up for that. But, price raise, reservation #s, etc. could be communicated thru Tesla.com updates and Elon tweets, or if he wants to smooth his new "grown up status" (Wheeler et al), thru east coast media outlets. The facelift and battery upgrade would be folded into Tesla.com updates regarding currently shipping models.

Last edited:
I think you're right the reveal will not cover other issues not Model 3 market related. There is a Q2 coming up for that. But, price raise, reservation #s, etc. could be communicated thru Tesla.com updates and Elon tweets, or if he wants to smooth his new "grown up status" (Wheeler et al), thru east coast media outlets. The facelift and battery upgrade would be folded into Tesla.com updates regarding currently shipping models.
Did you mean a Q1? Just guessing.

I still think upper 230's are quite possible between now and intro... I've been looking at AAPL patterns as a clue, but the importance of this intro to TSLA is far and above pretty much any product intro was to AAPL in the past decade, even iPhone related ones.

Like a huge idiot, I went 50% into AAPL to cross the announcement, and gained nothing. That's when I realized announcements don't have positive effect. I missed out on huge TSLA gains in the same period (which I subsequently may have lost due to my account not having proper day trade buying power amount which got me paranoid the following day when it threw errors at me and then I had deer in headlights the next day, so who knows for real).

Status
Not open for further replies.