Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Gigafactory Reveal includes the machines that make the machines, making clear what is meant by "Gigafactory As A Product," jaws will drop as the implications get processed in those jaws' heads.

Bigger factories made more quickly, repeatably and efficiently? That's what this 4-D chess game will have spun off as a by-product and the Car Game will be small potatoes by comparison.

Is this to suggest a major US partnership/investment by a SV company?

As a matter of fact no to the substance of your question. In general as for digging for more at this point. As I have tried to explain from the outset, it is in my view necessary to leave a door open for the bears to dismiss everything I write as BS and to deliberately trigger cognitive dissonance the best I may to lock any benefit that can be gleaned in to the Longs. I get it if many Longs disagree and that is fine too and if someone has a substantive point of difference that would be fascinating and if it makes sense to me I would update my mental model of the world in a heartbeat - all I ask is that I don't become the topic of disagreement! I am just a willing contributor no different from any other, not the topic! I have volunteered some thoughts for the hopeful benefit of some members that want to understand it and are willing to put in the legwork to ask themselves why it might make sense. I am not here to drill it into the heads of any random TSLA short interloper where the best place to take profits is! I want the inept F*****S to double down on stupid at the bottom as usual otherwise I put thousands of hours of due diligence and my own trade is at risk. See what I did there - insulting the bears makes me look biassed, irrational and lacking in credibility. One way mirror. Very useful tool.

I reserve the right be the gatekeeper of what I am willing to contribute for free on my own time and what I am not. Apparently some are interested. Which is nice. Meanwhile I have a huge writing project on the go on the entire subject of energy and transportation economics politics physics and the environment and I am pretty much brain fried with that. I have called the current TSLA slide from back at $255 and more than that I can't really offer on the subject of price movements. If I can call an insane trade this year I probably will. Meanwhile peace & good luck to all.

Does anyone else think part of the reason Google named its parent company Alphabet was to confuse journalists and algos? It sounds grammatically strange to say "Alphabet, the parent company of Google." Many journalists still don't fully understand the difference. Also, Google has acquired so many companies that it's hard to tell who is managing what or what projects are being given priority. :confused:

Only posting this here because of Larry Page being friends with Elon, and Alphabet's investment in SpaceX and SolarCity. I'd be very surprised if Page or Google don't directly or indirectly own shares of Tesla.

Last edited:
Oil makes big gains on stronger market outlook - FT.com

Crude oil charged to its highest level since early November on Thursday, before pulling back slightly, as traders looked past the current glut to signs of a stronger market in the coming months.

Benchmark ICE June Brent futures climbed as much as 0.7 per cent to peak at $46.13 on Thursday, for a gain of more than 6 per cent so far this week. Nymex May West Texas Intermediate, the US crude benchmark, climbed as much as 1.2 per cent to a high of $44.48, before easing back to $44.16 in London morning trade. Crude was below $30 as recently as January.

Are they delusional? Where do they think all that crude they have been putting storage is going to go?

Does anyone else think part of the reason Google named its parent company Alphabet was to confuse journalists and algos? It sounds grammatically strange to say "Alphabet, the parent company of Google." Many journalists still don't fully understand the difference. Also, Google has acquired so many companies that it's hard to tell who is managing what or what projects are being given priority. :confused:

Only posting this here because of Larry Page being friends with Elon, and Alphabet's investment in SpaceX and SolarCity. I'd be very surprised if Page or Google don't directly or indirectly own shares of Tesla.
They did the Alphabet thing mainly to prepare to make it clearer to investors how all their subsidiaries operates - Google Search the cash cow and the cash burning projects under Google X.

image.png
I've said it before, the ramp of the X is going more slowly than they have planned, and are still encountering issues. How can you ramp quickly from here, with additional QA checks needed for each vehicle? I've lead a QA department, and it would be difficult to do. Most sensors work all the time, but some don't. The main issue I'm concerned about is that the car has what we call 'single point source failure'. In simple terms, there's no backup to prevent the FWDs to hit something if the primary sensors don't detect it. You could argue that the driver is the backup, but with kids getting in and out of the back all the time?

This is the second time in a week that @elonmusk has responded eerily similar to a comment I've made lately on TMC. Searching the sky for drones.

View attachment 173347

This is the second time in a week that @elonmusk has responded eerily similar to a comment I've made lately on TMC. Searching the sky for drones.

He did post/retweet the article on Bloomberg about Ford buying an X for $200k too ("second hand pricing holding up well"). But I think it's more a reflection of him as well as us staying on top of the Tesla news flow. Or maybe in 10 years Elon will come clean and it turns out he's a regular poster here under some alias or another?

Reactions: Muaddid
He did post/retweet the article on Bloomberg about Ford buying an X for $200k too ("second hand pricing holding up well"). But I think it's more a reflection of him as well as us staying on top of the Tesla news flow. Or maybe in 10 years Elon will come clean and it turns out he's a regular poster here under some alias or another?

I'll certainly have some egg on my face when we learn his alias has been Julian Cox all along. ;-)

The jig is up...I am Elon..........................................................................................No wait, just dreaming:rolleyes:

As a matter of fact no to the substance of your question. In general as for digging for more at this point. As I have tried to explain from the outset, it is in my view necessary to leave a door open for the bears to dismiss everything I write as BS and to deliberately trigger cognitive dissonance the best I may to lock any benefit that can be gleaned in to the Longs. I get it if many Longs disagree and that is fine too and if someone has a substantive point of difference that would be fascinating and if it makes sense to me I would update my mental model of the world in a heartbeat - all I ask is that I don't become the topic of disagreement! I am just a willing contributor no different from any other, not the topic! I have volunteered some thoughts for the hopeful benefit of some members that want to understand it and are willing to put in the legwork to ask themselves why it might make sense. I am not here to drill it into the heads of any random TSLA short interloper where the best place to take profits is! I want the inept F*****S to double down on stupid at the bottom as usual otherwise I put thousands of hours of due diligence and my own trade is at risk. See what I did there - insulting the bears makes me look biassed, irrational and lacking in credibility. One way mirror. Very useful tool.

I reserve the right be the gatekeeper of what I am willing to contribute for free on my own time and what I am not. Apparently some are interested. Which is nice. Meanwhile I have a huge writing project on the go on the entire subject of energy and transportation economics politics physics and the environment and I am pretty much brain fried with that. I have called the current TSLA slide from back at $255 and more than that I can't really offer on the subject of price movements. If I can call an insane trade this year I probably will. Meanwhile peace & good luck to all.
Mr. Cox smart as a fox,
Clever in tongue, unbridled in thoughts.
But if truly you cannot understand,
Why, that's just Julian's masterplan!

Carry on, mate.

Solar Impulse 2, the first solar-powered airplane to attempt a round-the-world flight, has departed Hawaii for California's Moffett Field. It should be there in about 2 or 3 days. Expect some positive media coverage for clean, renewable energy as the plane arrives in California, and more importantly, arrives in New York in May. Excitement about the power of clean energy can help sell electric cars. Naturally, the pilots drive Teslas when on the ground ; )
si2hawaii.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.