Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baird analyst Ben Kallo issued a note on capital raise, sees it as a positive:

Baird analyst, Ben Kallo, sees Tesla's (NASDAQ: TSLA) capital raise as positive because it removes the largest objection for new buyers and the "loudest" short story, while providing substantial growth capital. No change to Outperform rating or $338 PT.

For what it's worth (nothing really)- I come down on the cap raise/dilution value argument heavily in favor of above posters Johan, Causalian, Garret, Curt Renz, and others of similar ilk. Actually, I'm probably on the outer extreme of those posters.

Disruption in a known capital intensive industry was my initial investment scenario. Since the ModS exceedingly proven success (beyond even Tesla expectation), my position as a stock holder as been that TSLA is massively under-estimating the market acceptance of Tesla product value-proposition. I personally feel my stock is massively under-diluted currently and would gladly exchange capital toward GF2, Plant2, ModY planning, TE expansion, SuperCapacitor R&D, etc.

i.e. Open message to EM- Expand the Earth-goal before moving to Mars

Here's how it works. Elon took a look in his piggy bank, couldn't find an extra $600 million rolling around in there to pay the taxes when he exercises his stock options, and so he is getting help selling shares in order to have enough tax money available to exercise his 5.5 million options and turn them into shares (and end up with more shares than when he started). If he didn't do things this way, he would have to sell shares on the open market to pay for his taxes when he exercises his options, and the shares you and I own would likely go down in value because of the tremendous selling pressure. Thus, it's a way to pay the taxes on his options while doing the least damage to the share prices.
Yes, and if you go back a few months when we were in extended discussions about Elon's Feb exercises and Form 4s etc. I told everyone that this exact scenario would happen without question. It was clear that he had a ton of deep in the money options expiring in December and that there was no way to cover the taxes without selling to cover or taking out some massive margin loan.

If you followed the thread and the discussions back then you already knew this was happening in 2016. Timing it with an equity raise is genius in my opinion. The market simply doesn't understand executive compensation and especially option exercise/tax obligations. If he sold to cover at any other time the stock would have tanked thanks to people not understanding the mechanics.

And up we go. Let's stay there this time.

I guess that's the case for yourself. Assume you buy and hold the same share base before and after the secondary offering, then you'll find your ownership % will decrease by about 9% (on top of your ownership) due to this capital raise. I.e. more investors will share the same pie with you. Capital raise is no guarantee for company value increase. The most recent counter example is offering @ 242 in last summer.
Again you are missing the point, either intentionally or because you're not a native speaker. The point is that of course the company's value instantly goes up! It just gained most of $2B in cash asset. Now, that may or may not be reflected in the price of the stock. Using your own example, though, the price went well above $242 before coming back down for unrelated reasons, and it is now up this morning. Stick to facts, please.

Baird analyst Ben Kallo issued a note on capital raise, sees it as a positive:

Kallo is a pro, he sees opportunities and bargains. Go all in.

He worked at Stanford Capital Group. Very close to the top spot !

Unfortunately that Madoff guy narrowly beat them: The biggest Ponzi schemes: Stanford vs Madoff

PS: For all dislikers. LinkedIn is your friend, these are the facts: Benjamin Kallo | LinkedIn

PPS: Does the new price target already include the synergies with the 4000 low-orbit satellites and the 2018 SpaceX Mars Mission? Or will these come later in an updated note?

Last edited:
I'll be sure to thoroughly examine mine - I'm sure the quality is top notch though!

When are you taking delivery? Congratulations

Unfortunately that Madoff guy narrowly beat them: The biggest Ponzi schemes: Stanford vs Madoff

PS: For all dislikers. LinkedIn is your friend to show the facts: Benjamin Kallo | LinkedIn

Tales from the Future is also a pro! Called the demise of Tesla and impossibility of selling, or building, 20k cars years and years ago. Hang on to every word the guy says! </adhominem>

Called the demise of Tesla and impossibility of selling, or building, 20k cars years and years ago. Hang on to every word the guy says! </adhominem>

Really? Please show me when and where I wrote that.

PS: Here's what I actually wrote back in 2013:

In my opinion, it will be hard for TSLA to even get past 200-250k/yoy vehicles sold. In my estimates, these aggregate numbers include:

- Model S and Model X combined (and maybe a new sports car to replace the discontinued Tesla Roadster): 75-100k/year

- Model Car III (estimated for 2017): 100-150k/year

BMW Is Apparently Worth 725 Billion Dollars In Teslaland - Comparing BMW And TSLA - Tales From The Future

• Disagree
Reactions: eloder and esk8mw

PS: For all dislikers. LinkedIn is your friend, there are the facts: Benjamin Kallo | LinkedIn

PPS: Does the new price target already include the synergies with the 4000 low-orbit satellites and the 2018 SpaceX Mars Mission? Or will these come later in an updated note?

Why are you so bitter?
Check references to breast feeding.
Elon giving away 250 million to charity, do you think its subterfuge in order to get a favorable judicial view at sentencing?

What on God's green earth does this statement have to do with anything. Please read about the difference between growth companies and stalwarts before your next post.

TSLA is also overpriced compared to my breakfast.

And what are your credentials? Mine are in the information section of my TMC profile.

#savage lol. Ignore the haters Curt.

tftf will spin it negatively. I see the cap raise as a positive so long as Tesla isn't pissing away money. We know they aren't and we know this is more of a cushion exercise and to accelerate to plans to bring forward revenues for 2 years. The second I stop seeing Tesla manage cash properly, I'd be out.

Since we're on credentials. I used to manage about $5-6B annual capex spend for a large privately held company that was almost as vertically integrated as Tesla. Of course this is online and some don't know me but it's a fact.

tftf will spin it negatively. I see the cap raise as a positive so long as Tesla isn't pissing away money. We know they aren't and we know this is more of a cushion exercise and to accelerate to plans to bring forward revenues for 2 years.
He knows it's a positive, that's why he's so pissed. TSLA is running away from him for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.